cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neCc
Journeyman III

Bios update

Hello,so recently i started digging what is happening with my bios since i cant enter it when i boot up my pc,or when i restart it i dont have option to press del key or f10 or whatever is needed to enter the bios.Only way to get into it is trought windows settings.So i was wondering if it could be corrupted,or something similar to it so i decided to update it.Now im not sure to which version of bios i should update,i have Gigabyte A320M-h motherboard and Ryzen 5 1600 as cpu,planning to upgrade it in couple of months but for now it is what it is.In my bios it says that i have F50 version of it,but on official gigabyte site that version doesnt even exist as shown here https://gigabyte-data.com/products/page/mb/GA-A320M-H-rev-30/support#support-dl,so im wondering which one of those bios i should get,so i dont install something what is not supporting my cpu.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Some Monitors doesn't have Video output if BIOS is set to UEFI BIOS instead of CSM BIOS (Legacy).  Either GPU card is not compatible in UEFI mode (vBIOS) or the Monitor is not.

I had that issue with my DP LG 4k Monitor. I had video output when I had Windows 10 installed with CSM mode in BIOS set. But as soon as I upgraded to Windows 11 and set BIOS to UEFI Mode I lost video output from my LG 4k Monitor.  But I would have video output as soon as Windows started running.

Luckily I had my HD Samsung Smart TV also connected via HDMI and I did have video Output when I was in BIOS with UEFI Mode enabled. So I was able to setup BIOS the way I wanted. 

Recently I needed to replace my Nvidia 1070 GPU card with a Nvidia 4060 GPU card and now with my DP 4k LG Monitor I now have video output when in UEFI Mode in BIOS.

FunkZ
Exemplar

There are three revisions of that motherboard. Look on your board for the revision number.

FunkZ_0-1726178862362.png

There is a F50 BIOS version for revision 1.x boards.

FunkZ_1-1726177089256.png

As for not having an option to enter BIOS at boot, as @elstaci states sometimes there is no display output until after the BIOS loads, especially if you have Fast Boot enabled.

When you restart your computer, as soon as the screen goes black start repeatedly pressing the Delete key, don't wait to see the BIOS splash screen.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
neCc
Journeyman III

Yes my bad i didnt know my motherboard had different versions,so i checked it and it says rev 1.1,and i found other bios drivers which are ment for my motherboard.Can u suggest me which driver version is safe to download so i dont install the wrong version.Im really not sure how it all works with bios,i have Ryzen 5 1600.Thanks ahead.

0 Likes

The Ryzen 5 1600 has been supported on the Gigabyte A320M-H since the original F1 version BIOS. If you are currently on F50 no BIOS update is needed.

If you what to upgrade hardware or switch to a newer BIOS keep in mind that Gigabyte BIOS revisions ending in a letter are beta BIOS and not fully tested. It is usually better to use the last full version (ex. F57) unless you need a newer BIOS to support new hardware or for bug fixes.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes