cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Swedishmeka
Journeyman III

BAD gpu utilization in DayZ!

So even tho a few updates ago they "resolved" this issue for mainly 5600 card etc. This still happens for anyone with a newer gen graphics card from amd.

Dayz

In big cities the gpu utilization drops and the fps drops big ( A similar nvidia card does not have this issue, ive tried)  i have tried everything, fixed clock on the card (6700x) old drivers newer drivers etc..

You can run around in the woodland and get about 50-80 Utilization and have over 2-300 fps sometimes but whenever u run into a city it drops to the 40 50 mark. I had better frames in towns on my 1060.. 

This is a driver issue and needs to be fixed, i know alot of people have this problem from talking to a big dayz discord community, and 99% of them all have the same problem, unless they are running Nvidia graphics card, then everything runs great!

There is several older games that has this issue aswell but im focusing on dayz now because thats what i mainly play.  Is it because of older games not beeing in the priority lists to get fixes? ALOT of people still play dayz. I hope we can get some answers here and maybe a fix for this. 

3 Replies

Until the people who are having this issue report it to AMD using the Adrenaline control panel bug / report link nothing will change. Reporting it on the forum is not the way. When AMD receives multiple reports of the same game/app it gets their attention. That report includes the users pc components and game settings which narrows down the issue. So get your Discord buddies to report it as well.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying Kingfish, i will let people know to report it,i did not know there was such a feature in the amd software.   I just saw several more posts on here talking about the same thing so i figured i would chime in.  We will mass report now

Manacheck
Adept I

Aqui é a mesma coisa r7 5800x3d 32 gb ram rx 6900xt aorus master, nas grandes cidades o fps é ridículo, eu tenho relatado sobre várias versões de drivers mas o problema ainda continua. Eu testei no meu 3060, o FPS é muito melhor cerca de 120 130 em grandes cidades. Infelizmente a solução para quem joga muito como eu, é trocar pela concorrência.

0 Likes