cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sw1ft
Adept I

Audio clicks/pops since installing RX6750XT

Hello. I am having am audio issues after installing an RX6750XT. I posted previously on a thread regarding a similar issue, but got no response and I have additional info.

If I have audio playing (music, game audio or otherwise), I sometimes hear clicks/pops when doing specific things such as: opening and closing tabs in Chrome while fullscreen, recording music in Bitwig Studio (DAW software similar to Ableton Live/Pro Tools), playing Valorant while using Discord... The issue sounds similar to when your CPU is overloaded while processing audio, but my CPU (5600G) is not overloaded in these scenarios. The issue is present when listening to headphones connected directly to the motherboard analog headphone jack, or thru my thunderbolt audio interface (Presonus Quantum 2626).

I have tried driver versions 22.5.1, 22.11.2 and 23.2.1. 22.5.1 seems to work the best, but still has issues. With 22.11.2, the issue was so bad it would occur whenever I launched Valorant, though it would get better after the game was running for a bit. I tried doing a minimal install of 22.5.1 and running DDU and reinstalling the drivers, but this did not help. I did not have this issue when I was using my 5600G's built in GPU, before installing the 6750XT.

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • XFX Quick 319 RX 6750XT Core
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • 22.5.1/22.11.2/23.2.1
  • Display Devices
    • Monitor LG 34GPB3A-B
  • Motherboard: 
    • Asus Proart B550 Creator
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    •  EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GT 750 W 80+ Gold 750 watt
  • RAM
    • Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16
1 Solution
sw1ft
Adept I

Thanks to some help in the original thread (https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/audio-makes-cracking-and-popping-noises-after-gpu-inst...), I have been able to solve this issue be moving my GPU from the PCIe16_1 slot to PCIe16_2. This seems to force it to use an x8+x8 configuration, even though slot 1 isn't used. I guess the 5600G has trouble with PCIe Gen3 x16, though I'm not an expert.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sw1ft
Adept I

Thanks to some help in the original thread (https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/audio-makes-cracking-and-popping-noises-after-gpu-inst...), I have been able to solve this issue be moving my GPU from the PCIe16_1 slot to PCIe16_2. This seems to force it to use an x8+x8 configuration, even though slot 1 isn't used. I guess the 5600G has trouble with PCIe Gen3 x16, though I'm not an expert.

I don't know if your using the integrated sound system or what, but I've had others problems with the integrated sound and just said to heck with it.  Every desktop system I have (4) has a Sound Blaster card, X-Fi, Audigy, or Z.  Creative Labs is head and shoulders above the Realtek that most board manufacturers use.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

I was having this issue with my motherboard's integrated audio (Realtek) and with my outboard interface (Presonus Quantum 2626).

0 Likes

What you could try doing is going into the BIOS and disabling your integrated graphics.  I always make sure to do so.  If i need to troubleshoot i just reset the cmos.
It wont hurt you much moving to a x8 x8 config, maybe a percent or 2, so i wouldnt sweat it either way.

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I just double checked my BIOS and I do have IGFX disabled and PCIe device as my primary video device. Let me know if there's another setting you're referring to.

0 Likes
vlad_8011
Adept III

Thats the CPU fault. It have limitations, that shows up when using PCIE 3 x16 GPU. Then overload comes to play. 

A detailed summary of the crackling problem occurring in the 5000G series : Amd (reddit.com)

Good news is, you don't have to change anything other than CPU.

0 Likes

Thanks for the link. Fortunately, I do plan on upgrading my CPU at some point, now that I have a discrete GPU.

0 Likes
peterhopo
Journeyman III

thanks for the article. download free ringtones at besteklingeltone.de

0 Likes