Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sammy95
Adept I

Asus Rx 6600 XT Oc Dual Irregularity and black screens

Hi Guys,

Since I have my new 6600 XT, I am always screen flickering, dots, Irregular white line, and black screens happens after I leave my pc a while and can't reboot it manually, this both happens while gaming or without, I have tried to update my drivers and mb bios so many times, I even bought a new fsp 650 watt case to make sure it's not a psu option, can anyone please advise I literally don't want get back maintenance right now as I have still hope it's something I could do it myself, hence these  Irregularities only disappeared one time when I had removed the fast boot option and reset the aderaline to factory settings, it worked for a couple of hours and then it started again, please anyone advise 

0 Likes
13 Replies
Sammy95
Adept I

I have a new update might be useful to you guys, I found that irregular screen flickering and dots just go away when I turn my Samsung C27FG70 free sync ultimate engine off, I should only open during gaming but I am so sure if this going to solve black screen issue later on or not, but I am happy for now

0 Likes

@Sammy95  You should try to use quality hdmi cable with 8k capability. More short one - better. I saw same dots, lines and black screens. With new cable it working perfectly.

0 Likes

I am using my CFG70 display port, 1080p 144hz

0 Likes

@Sammy95What cable used to connect monitor? It need to be certified with DP 1.4b or higher to work properly with 144 hz monitor.

In my case it was HDMI port, but cable problems may be similar.

0 Likes

I used the one that same in the box, I think it's certified yeah I see a DP logo on both sides I don't know if it's a label or smth tbh 

0 Likes

Do you think that can resolve Radeon System failure (restored to wattman default settings) ?

0 Likes

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/default-radeon-wattman-settings-has-been-restored-due-to/td-p/...

Looks like these solutions fixed the black screen problem fixing the the corrupted files and cleaning the image of windows 10, I hope it stays steady

0 Likes

Do you think that can resolve Radeon System failure (restored to wattman default settings) ?

@Sammy95  no it does not fix crash of AMD drivers.

0 Likes

It's working very stable now for three days, only what fixed the black screen issue is re-installing a clean image of Windows 10, looks like corrupted files can do a lot of harm, and what the flickering I have used the hdmi 120 hz cable and still there are some flickering but it's a bit changed to better, adn I am considering buying a new display port soon I guess.  

0 Likes

@Sammy95You can check disk and files for corruption by using chkdsk c: /F /R /X , sfc /scannow , DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth .

If this not helping then cause of it at Windows Update and decision to install preview update. Yeah Microsoft some time does not mark such updates as preview, but they ask you to click install button (if you see this button DO NOT CLICK).

Deemon69
Elite

Good day!
The main reason for this error is Windows DEP. Run a command prompt as an administrator and type bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff and press Enter. After that, restart your computer: the next time you log into this system, DEP will be disabled. The error will disappear.

0 Likes

Perhaps first start with troubleshooting if DEP (Data Execution Prevention) causing this behavior.
Using Windows Event Viewer is the first step.
Then it is possible to turn it off for a certain application or service.

• Since DEP is a security function to prevent malicious code to be executed deep in the memory, it is not recommended to have it completely turned off.

Check this out for guidance:
https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/

Quote:
If you want to turn DEP completely off, we advise only doing that as part of troubleshooting an issue. DEP is there for your protection.

Best regards from Sweden