cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elhavardo
Journeyman III

Asus ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming WiFi error codes

I have recently bought Asus ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming WiFi (with AMD Ryzen 9 7950X installed) and I got G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Black DDR5 6400MHz x4 (all ram slots inserted).
I have gotten Q-code 15, C5, and a bunch others so I tried a bios update. Success, now I only get error code A0. The main problem still persist.

Main problem being that whenever I start my computer it does not go past the BIOS screen. It just keep running and nothing happens, no signal to keyboard or monitors or anything. Then if I hold the power button and shut it down then wait 10 sec and start. Then it only stays in the mentioned state for 1 to maybe 3 minutes and then proceeds to start up normally. When I get stuck (now after bios update) I get A0.

Anyone had similar experience? I have led myself to believe this is not a hardware problem, but rather a software problem. I have disconnected all non-critical components (as well as stripping down RAM) to see if it helps (it did not).

0 Likes
2 Replies
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

I have a similar setup, same MB, but G.Skill Z5 6000 ram (2x16) and a 7700X CPU. I've had a few issues with the C5 qcode, usually after a bios update. The only thing that works for me when this happens is to remove the 2nd stick of ram, the system will then post. After that I install the 2nd stick and it will boot. 

I am using EXPO I for the ram.  If I don't use EXPO the tam runs at 4800Mhz. 

So my suggestion would be to 
-  only run with one stick of ram and set the bios to "default settings" to see if it posts ok and is stable.
- Go back into the bios and set the EXPO setting to EXPO I and reboot to see if it still posts.
- Add the 2nd stick of ram back in and fingers crossed it will post with both sticks.

Craig

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The code A0 is Boot Error. This means you don't have a boot device, SSD, NVME, HDD or Windows not installed.

johnnyenglish_0-1683047147954.png

What you can do, because no image is a bit odd.

- Check if the display cable is connected to the card and not the board, although it should still boot normally.
- Try booting from a USB drive with Windows Setup to see if it at least goes somewhere.
- Check is SSD/HDD has SATA well connhected and to SATA port 1 and have SATA power.
- Check if NVME is well slotted in, you should have Q-latch on that board, so is SUPER simple. Use the M.2 that is closest to the CPU.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes