Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tayla
Adept I

Application Hang Detected (Fortnite)

Hello there.

So I have this issue since the Season 2 Chapter 2 started (or I updated my driver.)

I started Fortnite, the menu is working then I join a game. The waiting island is still working perfectly, then I'm on the Battle Bus, jumping out and 2-3 seconds later my game just frozen. It's so annoying. I never had this problem while I'm used NVIDIA cards before.

My specification:

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X370-F Gaming

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Memory: G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB DDR4 3000 Mhz

Videocard: Gigabyte RX580 8 GB

My AMD Radeon Software version is 20.2.2

I tried Uninstall and Reinstall BattleEye. I Uninstall and Reinstall my AMD driver and Epic Games Launcher and Fortnite too. It worked for 3-4 days and still have this issue.

Any advice?

17 Replies
trufisch
Adept I

i had the same problem. All I did was take out my controller that was in my PC. And that fixed it for me

matheols
Journeyman III

I've the same problem since 1 month, and Epic seems incompetent. I tried every single tips I found online but still don't work.

Please someone help ?

0 Likes

i had the same problem. All I did was take out my controller that was in my PC. And that fixed it for me.

I don't know why, but it worked! Wtf AMD. 

0 Likes

Hey man, I have the same problem and I don't really know what you mean by "take out my controller". What controller? Where is it? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

I don't know you, but I had a controller for playing Rocked League attached in my computer. I just quit it and it worked.

It also worked for me, thx.

Hey man, what do you mean controller? (I'm using keyboard and mouse)

0 Likes

We are using keyboard and mouse too, but we have games where we prefer more the controller (Xbox 360 or Playstation 4). So we don't pull it out all the time, but in this case we needed and some miracle happend.

0 Likes
goullas
Journeyman III

Having the same problem every now and then it works fine but most of the time its just crashing I have tried everything and have no controller plugged in 

0 Likes

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64->

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe ->

Right click->

Properties->

Compatibility->Run on Windows 8 and X next to the disable full screen optimizations.

It worked for me a while. 

0 Likes
acme0
Journeyman III

I'm having the same or similar issue. The message in my case says "The application has crashed and will now close. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Running Windows 10 64bit fresh install and latest drivers with only Fortnite installed. 

MSI gaming plus max and Radeon RX590

I can not play normally. It may crash just with a few minutes of gameplay or after one hour. It's unpredictable.

Anyone can help troubleshooting? I have tried changing the power supply and Ram modules. Benchmark software stressing the hardware can run endlessly without problems.

Don't know what to do.

0 Likes

Above someone recommended this solution to me so i did and the game working fine still then. "i had the same problem. All I did was take out my controller that was in my PC. And that fixed it for me" 

lgsusgmr
Journeyman III

Hello, I have taken a look, but I still ask myself how it is to remove the controller from the PC, the controller "is a driver or not" and if you can tell me how it can be removed, you help me a lot
0 Likes

I mean plug out a controller (ps4 controller or xbox controller)

0 Likes

I have a ps4 control but the bad thing is that it is not original and I hardly ever use it.

0 Likes
fortniteboy
Journeyman III

Hi! Can someone reply to my comment how to fix the fortnite crash what saying application hang detected and this since is so old season 7 chapter 1 please guys how to i fix it plz reply

0 Likes