cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mveigel
Journeyman III

Anyone else using RHEL 9 and new amdgpu drivers?

Hello,

since the update to recent drivers for RHEL 9.2 I'm facing massive problems. Not only the missing pro driver is a big issue, also the systems renders almost unusable. Graphical artifacts, flickering, crash of programs (e.g. CHITUBOX), need for extra parameters to start blender and other programs, delay when processing keystrokes in dialogs, shells and even on the command line ... to only tell the major ones under Wayland. Under X11 some things a a slice better - but not really good.

The older driver for RHEL 9.1 worked better, but had issues in "loosing" displays (one random display out of 3 turns off randomly a few times a day). What am I doing wrong beside using a AMD graphic card?

Setting:

AMD 5800X, X670E Mainboard, 64 Gb RAM, 7900 XT, 512 + 1024 GB nvme disk

If someone from AMD is reading here:

This is really frustrating. There is almost no support and it looks like the whole Linux QM and development team is fired. Most of these errors are really obvious and occur after a few minutes of usage, some need a few hours to get reproduced. I'm so frustrated that I'm only a few steps from kicking all my AMD graphics cards from my systems and stop using AMD at all (have the some of the problems even with my AMD Fedora Laptop). I was using AMD a very long time now and have forgiven really a lot of things, because I was convinced that we need a second big player on the graphics market - but I have to work with my machines and after having such massive problems now for weeks I could not use your products anymore (and of course have to tell my customers and friends, that they should not use it - the opposite what I have done until now). Because if you really do such a bad job in driver development like you did with the last 3 versions, I could not trust you anymore to get better :(. Especially now you should have enough money to get good engineers to work on the drivers and QM! I'm absolutely disapointed ...

0 Likes
0 Replies