cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

atavax
Journeyman III

Anyone else having to reinstall drivers multiple times?

I installed 23-1-2 on my 7900xtx and everything was fine for about a couple days and then I occasionally there would be some screen flickering and screen dooring of my monitor. So I uninstalled 23-1-2 using DDU and installed 23-1-1 and that seemed to fix the problem. But now, I think 5 days later, I got the same problem. Screen flickering, screen dooring. So I uninstalled 23-1-1 through DDU and then installed 23-1-1 again and it seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Any idea for a longer term fix?

I have a seasonic 13000w psu, 5800x3d, 2x32gb ddr4 ram. Using windows 10 64 bit.

0 Likes
1 Reply
MADZyren
Paragon

How are your temperatures?

Have you checked you don't have one of the reference design models, some of which have a malfunctioning cooler and will be replaced.

If it was during video playback, try changing angle graphic backend -setting from edge://flags/ to OpenGL and disable video hardware acceleration from everywhere you can.

Could be a monitor or monitor cable issue too. Try connecting with a different cable, from different output to different input and perhaps to another monitor or to a television instead of monitor, for testing.

Could be that files become corrupted for some reason, like memory speed or timings too tight or some other issue. Maybe scan for corrupted files in system.

0 Likes