cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spicytuna43
Journeyman III

AMD Windows Update Not Working

I have some games I play on steam. Games were working fine then one day, all of them are lagging. Tried to update the AMD driver. When I click to launch, I get a Windows error message "update may have automatically replaced your AMD Graphics driver. Hence, the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD Graphics Driver." Then gives a link to click for help. Link brings you to a compatibility tool which when run states my driver is updated to the most recent update. Games are still lagging, and windows error message is still popping up. I'm not good with computers, does anyone know what else I can do?

0 Likes
1 Reply

That Windows warning is saying that Windows Update might have replaced your AMD Graphics driver with a different version of AMD Graphics driver thus causing either conflict or incompatibilities with your GPU driver.

You need to permanently disable Windows Update for Drivers option to prevent Windows Update from installing a incorrect AMD Graphics driver after you just installed a new or current version AMD Graphics Driver.

0 Likes