cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bcc
Journeyman III

AMD Version 22.9.1: ANR-bgproc-lib.dll Error0x000012f and AMD_ANR_BG_PROC event id 2

**UPDATE

Version 22.5.1 does not show this error with memory integrity enabled.

The description for Event ID 2 from source AMD_ANR_BG_PROC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Insight into this dlls function would be most helpful for me. I am rolling back to WHQL version 22.5.1 as all after seem to have this issue, but I don't recall if I had the secure memory setting enabled or not the last time I ran this driver.

I received this error this time, but usually only see event viewer being blasted with this method trying to use a device that is not found. What device is it looking for?

Bad Image windows or amd?Bad Image windows or amd?

13 Replies
Ranger3000
Journeyman III

I am surprised there is very little about how to fix this on the web which I assume it means it's a newer problem. I have the same issue. My event app log error is:

The description for Event ID 2 from source AMD_ANR_BG_PROC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Yup I have been getting the same thing and its constant 

goosedude
Journeyman III

Did you ever figure out what was causing this EVENT ID 2 with:

AMD_ANR_BG_PROC
Function: GET_OUTPUT_DEVICES called.

I recently upgraded to Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU and a RX 6650XT GPU and have been experiencing this information reported on my Windows Logs multiple times.

Yep, new 7900 XTX here.

The graphics card hangs for about 5 seconds, then machine becomes responsive again and I am left with these errors.

"The description for Event ID 2 from source AMD_ANR_BG_PROC cannot be found."

AMD noise suppression is turned off and makes no difference. I've r3eported the bug through the app.

0 Likes
slinkv1
Adept I

i build a new setup and i got now amd 

7900 xt

5800x3d and got the same error anyone got a fix?

0 Likes
ap3nw
Journeyman III

7900xtx w/ 5800x3d, see this issue as well after multiple reinstalls

Same here.. I try to find out if it is a game or some certain softtware is causing it. What games are you guys playing?

nonametoday
Adept III

The issue seems to be related to AMD Noise Suppression, you guys should report it if you haven't yet it seems ot be a bug.

0 Likes
Uprising
Adept I

I got this error when I upgraded to Rx 7900 xtx from a rtx 3070. ExpressVPN was the problem I got multiple errors for Expressvpn when installing the drivers so I disabled startup with windows used DDU to remove the drivers now the error is gone. 

0 Likes
Аллочка
Journeyman III

У меня тоже самое. Видеокарта новая. 

Не удается найти описание для идентификатора события 2 из источника AMD_ANR_BG_PROC. Вызывающий данное событие компонент не установлен на этом локальном компьютере или поврежден. Установите или восстановите компонент на локальном компьютере.

Если событие возникло на другом компьютере, возможно, потребуется сохранить отображаемые сведения вместе с событием.

К событию были добавлены следующие сведения:

AMD_ANR_BG_PROC
Function: ret=0 size=2 called.

Ресурс сообщения существует, но сообщение не найдено в таблице сообщений 

(вот так  звучит) Комп у меня по последней моде, Все АМД, проц AMD ryzen 9 7900x 4,7ггц , видеокарта radeon rx 7900xtx, материнка x670 gaming x ax,

0 Likes
Tibs200
Journeyman III

Any updates?? Have a new RX 7800 XT and new windows disk it gave me the error always when i boot

0 Likes
North_JB
Journeyman III

Just upgraded from a NVIDIA 1660Ti to the RX 7800 XT, I receive this error upon boot every time, doesn't seem to affect anything from what I can tell so far, but I'd still like to remove the error.

0 Likes
ZaedahAshtyn
Journeyman III

I just upgraded to a better CPU (in June) and GPU (November). I didn't start getting this until we did a hard reset on my PC (because it was bought in 2018) and set everything to boot up from my SSD. Nothing is showing up when I command prompt scan, though, so I'm not sure what to do.

0 Likes