cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

babybon
Adept I

amd stuttering

Hello everyone, I'm having problems with stuttering while playing cs 1.6(kreedz). The game seems jerky, despite unsuccessful attempts to solve this problem with most known methods, such as: ddu, fresh install windows, disabling mpu, installing drivers of an older version(for chipset too). I recently noticed that setting the desktop resolution lower than normal Full HD (e.g. 800x600) makes the game stutter worse. Perhaps this is the key to solving the problem, but I'm not sure.
I would appreciate any advice you have. 
Proccesor: AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics(vega 3)

0 Likes
2 Replies
Eliminater74
Adept I

The issue you're experiencing with stuttering in CS 1.6 on an AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics (Vega 3) could be related to a variety of factors. Here are some suggestions that might help resolve the problem:

1. **Check Game Settings**: Ensure that the game settings are optimized for your hardware. Sometimes, lowering the resolution or adjusting certain settings like texture quality, shadows, and effects can help improve performance.

2. **Update Drivers**: You've mentioned installing older drivers, but it's also a good idea to ensure you're using the latest drivers for your graphics card. AMD regularly releases new drivers that can improve performance and fix bugs.

3. **Background Processes**: Check for any unnecessary background processes that might be using up CPU or GPU resources. You can do this through the Task Manager in Windows.

4. **Power Settings**: Ensure that your laptop is set to High Performance in the power settings. This can be accessed via the Control Panel or Windows Settings.

5. **Overheating**: Stuttering can sometimes be caused by overheating. Make sure your laptop's cooling system is working properly and that vents are not blocked.

6. **RAM and Storage**: Check if your RAM and storage are sufficient and functioning properly. Insufficient RAM or a slow hard drive can cause performance issues in games.

7. **Compatibility Mode**: Since CS 1.6 is an older game, running it in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows might help. Right-click on the game executable, go to Properties, then Compatibility, and select an older version of Windows.

8. **In-game Console Commands**: Some players have found that specific console commands can help with performance issues in CS 1.6. Commands like `fps_max` to control frame rate can be experimented with.

9. **Monitor Refresh Rate**: Ensure that your monitor's refresh rate is set correctly in both Windows display settings and in-game settings.

10. **BIOS Update**: In some cases, updating the BIOS can improve hardware performance and stability. However, be cautious with BIOS updates, as they can be risky if not done correctly.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it might be useful to gather more detailed information about when and how the stuttering occurs and seek advice from specific gaming or hardware forums.

0 Likes

Thanks man, but chatgpt replies are useless in this case