cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

njumkiy
Adept I

AMD Stuttering when using overlay and instant replay after latest driver update?

I'm fairly new to the AMD and recently upgraded to a 7900XTX after years of using a 2070S. Everything so far has been fine, but since this latest driver release I've had stuttering when I use Alt+R to open the overlay or if I have the instant replay feature turned on. My GPU will go from 100-80% utilization all the way down to 20 or even 0% causing a short freeze in whatever game I'm playing. I used DDU to uninstall my drivers and reinstall. I don't think I even needed to download this as I hadn't realized before this that instant replay also caused the stuttering.

As it stands my PC specs are as follows:
7900XTX
7800X3D
64gb corsair vengeance ddr5 5600Mhz
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk with a thermaltake 850 psu

I am using current drivers and have my GPU and CPU auto OC'ed Any help would be appreciated

1 Solution

Hey so, the issue I had was L-connect 3 from lian li fans. Either uninstall it or disabled it if you have it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
njumkiy
Adept I

Just found this reddit thread posted an hour ago that had similar specs and issue to me. https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/s/q9VOVzmTIC

0 Likes
TurboGlenn
Journeyman III

I have this problem as well. I use exclusively FPS overlay, all else disabled in overlay. Spike Lagging at least every 10 seconds, sometimes about 4th second when using the overlay, making it unusable. Same components as well except for 6000 ram. 

0 Likes

Hey so, the issue I had was L-connect 3 from lian li fans. Either uninstall it or disabled it if you have it.

0 Likes

Oh ok! Yes I have it as well. I use a Lian Li Fan Hub for my RGB on my Lian Li fans. I use SiganlRGB for controlling it together w AIO and RAM RGB. I got the impression I needed L-Connect installed as like a "driver" for the Fan Hub after had some trouble making the Fans appear in SignalRGB after I messed around with uninstalling MSI Home and / or L-Connect for interferring with controlling the fans. Do you know if LL Fan Hub can be used without L-Connect?

Getting around the issue atm with in-game FPS counters or just temporarily checking FPS overlay.

EDIT: Just found this:

If you want to use the UNI HUB, you'll need L-Connect to pass over the control to your motherboard software. You can bypass the UNI HUB by using the ARGB cable kit: (cant post link but lian li website)

0 Likes

honestly I just close down L connect once I get the settings I want. It works fine after that.

0 Likes