cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

baepe
Adept III

AMD stuttering (downclocking) during 3d gaming(5700XT)

Why does AMD insist on having the worst software in the industry? I have tried everything from forcing a minimum clock speed to overclocking and underclocking. No matter what I do the card will always insist on dropping to sub 600Mhz during 3d gaming, causing HORRIBLE stutters. This card is totally useless and makes games unplayable. Not only is the software bad but it's so bad that it's not possible for the user to override the bad settings. I have tried the Chill workaround it doesn't help. I have even tried using third party software like MSI afterburner but AMD overrides afterburner (Why can't I just download the drivers, I don't care about the lousy streaming software). It's not like this card is just hitting the market it's been out for 9 months....AMD has only recently recognized the problem. I will never buy another AMD card again.

2700X,5700XT,32GB ram(3200Mhz),970 evo M.2. MSI b450 tom max, windows 10 latest build.

3 Replies
bobalazs
Elite

tried to set chill minimum and maximum fps really high? like 60-60

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

That was actually my suggested fix lol, it helps but doesn't eliminate the problem It's very frustrating how long it has been (7 months) with AMD not doing anything about this issue. I have been a die hard AMD fan for years (I've never bought an intel CPU or nvidia GPU) but I think this time they finally lost me.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance 

0 Likes