Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ShinoMileya
Journeyman III

AMD software detected a driver timeout - RX7600

Hello! 
First, sorry if I make any mistakes while writing, English is not my native language. 
Well, as the title reads, I have that problem with my RX 7600, it's a new GPU, bought it 2 weeks ago. I don't have technically any problem while playing modern games, but when playing some old games, it freezed, screen turns black for some seconds, and shows that error. 

I thought it happened because of the "vulkan" renderer, given it happens everytime when I try to playing PCSX2 and it needs to use that renderer. I try to play and when the 1st scene tries to load, it crashes and the emulator closes by itself; If I change the renderer to any other one, I can play normally. Another time when it happens it's if I try to play with my GF Resident Evil 6, after 2 minutes, I get the driver timeout error and the game still works but the sound stops working and the audio bar lags and produces no sound at all, I have to wait like 3 minutes for it to work again. If I disable the AMD High Definition Audio Driver, the game works normally. 

I've already tried uninstalling drivers with DDU and the regedit "temporal solution" but the problem still happens. I don't know if it's the GPU of just a driver error. If necessary, I could RMA it for another one. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

what are the rest of  your PC specs including make/model of your power supply ...?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Hi! I Have a 650 PSU 80 Plus Bronze GP (GameMax), 32 gb of ram 3200 (16x2), B550M-A AC, Ryzen 5500... 

0 Likes

– Tier F • Replace immediately

• Gamemax / Gamepower | All units [6]

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/  

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Yeah, I'm going to get a CX650M, but need to know if gpu faulty, so I change both in one go. 

0 Likes
shadowdev__
Adept I

I've been having this problem as well with my 7800xt when playing team fortress 2. I've tried everything I can think of to try to solve the issue, but it seems to be a bug from within the driver.

0 Likes

Yeah, I only have this problem with 2 specific games (or renderer), hope that if it is a driver problem, it get solved soon... 

0 Likes
Farcuen
Adept III

Hi, @ShinoMileya.

Try to disable the FreeSync if you have it, for that game.

Let me know.

Kind regards

Farcuen

0 Likes

Don't think I have FreeSync enabled for anything, but will try to look for something similar. Thanks for the suggestion! 

0 Likes