cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

• New Game Support

• Zenless Zone Zero
    • Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess
      • Up to 16% increase in performance for Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess @ 4k resolution, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1 on the Radeon RX 7900XTX GPU, versus the previous software driver version 24.6.1RS-663
      • Up to 12% increase in performance for Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess @ 4k resolution, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1 on the Radeon RX 7800XT GPU, versus the previous software driver version 24.6.1RS-664
      • Up to 12% increase in performance for Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess @ 4k resolution, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1 on the Radeon RX 7600XT GPU, versus the previous software driver version 24.6.1RS-665

• Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• Gray Zone Warfare
    • Lords of the Fallen
    • RoboCop: Rogue City
    • Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name.
    • Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX

• AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Dota 2

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
      • AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 features an onscreen overlay that can be used to display the system latency of supported games. When Anti-Lag 2 is enabled, the onscreen overlay can be toggled on using the ALT+SHIFT+L hotkey. 
        • Use the ALT+SHIFT+L hotkey to enable the Radeon Anti-Lag 2 Latency Monitor. Once activated, a small white chevron will appear in the top left corner of your display indicating that it is enabled.
        • Use ALT+SHIFT+L again to cycle through the following Latency Monitor display options: No metrics, FPS only, FPS and latency (in ms), FPS and latency (in ms and frames), FPS and latency (in ms and frames) with a legend.
        • To compare the difference between Anti-Lag 2 On and Anti-Lag Off, hold the right CTRL key. 
      • Anti-Lag 2 currently supports Dota 2 while using the DirectX® 11 API.
    • Join the conversation by sharing how well AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 is working on your system. This information helps us make further improvements.

• Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Improvements to stutter when AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag and AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 frame generation is enabled.
    • Improvements to stutter while playing Fortnite with DirectX® 12 API. 
    • Texture corruption may be observed while playing TEKKEN™ 8 with Ray Tracing or Upscale enabled. 
    • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost enabled.
    • Intermittent system crash or corruption may be observed while playing Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy with Ray Tracing enabled. 
    • Virtual Super Resolution or Display Color Enhancements may be set to disabled after driver upgrade.  
    • Unable to change display pixel format with certain Windows display languages. 
    • Intermittent black corruption may be observed on scaled 3d models while using Origin or OriginPro application. 
    • Black corruption may be observed while fast forwarding using PotPlayer.

Known Issues

• Lower than expected performance or excess stutter may be observed while player Battlefield 2042 on Radeon™ RX 6000 and 7000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 24.8.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.1]
  • Intermittent application crash may be observed while playing Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess on some Radeon™ RX 6600 and 6700 series GPUs.

f you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.7.1, use the tag FORUM-24-7-1-GAMER56

62 Replies

I had a bsod problem thanks to the 24.6.1 and 24.7.1 drivers. I didn't know I had those problems until I decided to do a stability test with Furmark, which can't even be run in full screen. I switched to the 24.5 drivers. .1 no problems for now.

The joke or hardship is that when you contact technical support they tell you to do tons of steps: how to restart your PC with the standard bios, check your connections and they send you that same message for every three interactions.

I have put my rx 7700xt on sale of course at a lower price because they are doing the same thing as Intel losing credibility

@Sam_AMD  

@Matt_AMD  

This is ridiculus. This company do not even talk to us here. I played most games without issues but recently with new drivers PC shuts down or reset itself randomly often in Cyberpunk, UBOOT not so demanding game. With 24.7.1 Cyberpunk didn`t even wanted to start and reset PC right after start. I tried 23.9.3 and 23.9.1 drivers and I can play Cyberpunk for some time and all of sudden it shuts down PC. Once after 1h once after 2 etc. But Call of Duty Warzone for example never crashed with any drivers lol. 
This is some kind of lottery, expensive lottery with 500$ cards... 
I will check this 24.5 drivers you mention it. I will post the results of my testing here yesterday.

At the moment I have tested:
24.7.1 Cyberpunk hangs right after start and reset PC

23.9.3 Cyberpunk works for some time and black screen with shut down

23.9.1 Cyberpunk works for some time and black screen with shut down

Next I will test 24.5.1

I am testing all drivers from this list wondering if I  can stop this reseting or shut down PC:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/previous-drivers.html/graphics/radeon-rx/radeon-rx-7000-ser...

My specs in case someone want to know: 
Ryzen 7 5800x
M2 1TB Lexar

Sapphire RX 7800 XT 16GB 256bit

ASUS Rog Strix B550-F 

BE QUIET! Pure Power 12 M 1000W 80 Plus Gold

wow, it sounds like stability problems to me, you have the pbo on the cpu try to set it to default in the bios, I have tried 23.12.1 and this 24.5.1 without problems what I noticed from version 24.6.1 onwards is that they have the memory temp monitoring option and that could be one of the problems because previous versions do not have it, tell me there
my pc 5800x

m.2 wd sn770

sapphire rx 7700xt pure

msi tomahawk b550

corsair 850i

ram kingston beast 3200 cl 16

Just played 3h of Cyberpunk without any issue, smooth etc, What I changed in my paranoia and PC puzzle game.

1. Updated drivers back to newest 24.7.1 from trip to 23.9.1.

2. Turned on Game mode in Windows. It was off. 

3. Turned on in BIOS AMD HD AUDIO integrated card (I use 3rd party sound card on usb so I one day turned off integrated on MOBO) I turned it on as a perfect example of paranoia and crucial time saving lol Maybe it is it lol. I doubt. 

4. Changed PCIE mode in BIOS from AUTO to Gen4 since I got RX 7800 XT another example of paranoia and time saving

5. Turned vsync in Cyberpunk options.

6. Once again updated MOBO chipset drivers. Paranoia case but who know  
7. And the most significant change probably solution in my case.

I got BE QUIET! Pure Power 12 M 1000W 80 Plus Gold. Changed recently from Chieftec 700W (also random shutdowns on it, rare but still). On BE QUIET! there are two slots for PCIEx cables, actually tree (one 600W is for PCIEx 5.0). One PCIEx power slot 12V1 is 46A and second 12V2 is 42A both in box are counted as a 83.4A and 1000W. I took second cable and powered up card with 2 cables from PSU rather then 1 splited for 2 in one cable. Also I pushed card a bit in slot to be sure, Checked others connections. Didn`t find anything. 
As for now my problem is solved. Now my theory is Sapphire Radeon Rx 7800 XT is so thirsty it need two juices from PSU. If something will change reset or shut down PC I will update the story. Hope error won`t come back. Hope 2 cables from PSU to 2 slots in GPU is a solution for me. or any of the points above I have written.
Good luck puzzle PC gamers, see you soon lol. MOBO, GPU, CPU and for f sake PSU producers need to party together more to bring us more compatible and easy to use products. Thank you  

its mean you are with the latest drivers and without problems I'm glad

i have this issue about half a year when i bouht 6900xt i spend 700 on things that i dont need new motherboard cause thought issue was there new psu new cooler new ram. was a hardcore amd fan now? if they not fixinf this thing in a month i will ever buy even a cou from the and go nvidia intel cause i undertand some stuttering issues some crashes but man when f...,ing driver reboots the whole pc and nobody cares

There is smth wrong with RX 7000 series cards... With their power managment. They are great cards providing awesome graphics but... They drain lots of power. I fix my problem with changing PSU to BE QUIET! Pure Power 12 M 1000W 80 Plus Gold and connect GPU from PSU with  two seperated lines, two seperated cables rather than one splited from one line.... I think this move solved my problem but I can`t be sure. I could be sure changing back power GPU with single splitted cable again but I do not want to touch anything now since everything works very, very well now. Above there is a list of changes I made from 1 to 7. I think powering GPU with two cables from two lines was most important. AMD could work with PSU producers more closely and PSU producers should write some info in manuals. Also new AMD drivers looks like drain more and more power from PSU. They changing power management I think and it causing troubles too.

0 Likes

Good for you i bought a 1000w FSP Fortron hydro ptm pro platinum psu which is a pretty beast how stable it is. It has 4 pcie connectors i never used pigtails on any of my gpus so .... i really dont know but im sure they have something f.... up cause first of all it not affected all my games valorant rocket league  i can play all day no blackscreen reboot i can run for an hour occt test no matter which one i even tried the combined with extreme settings run no issue playing apex or mw3 for half and hour sometimes 10 minutes boom pc restarts and i tried to switch my friends have a 3080 and no issues with that card so the only thing that make sense its the drivers are screwed the funny thing is it looks like not affected everyone and not in the sameway or sometimes even in same games

0 Likes

Hello, dear developers. I want you to be happy for me - I sold your RX6650XT and bought an RTX 4070 Super. Thank you for oppressing your target audience with your drivers. I have drawn conclusions and will never advise anyone to buy AMD products again. Nvidia is number one.

Ха-ха Я скок сижу на AMD. Не разу не видел проблем) толка в последние время. 

0 Likes

Тогда что ты забыл здесь? Если у тебя все работает хорошо, то это не значит что у других также. Важно какие проблемы есть у меня и у других пользователей. А ещё важно, что AMD положили продолговатый предмет на свою целевую аудиторию. Я купил RTX 4070 Super и теперь проблем не знаю. У меня тоже первые месяцев 6 после покупки их карты всё было ок. Но они сломали то, что работало нормально и не собираются фиксить проблемы несмотря не многочисленные жалобы от пользователей. Вертели они свою ца на вилах, ну а мы ответим тем же.

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

No Man's Sky does not start and causes system reboot. Older drivers work fine.

Suspicious
Journeyman III

Can you please include optimization for Wuthering Waves. Whenever I exit the game even for a few minutes my screen turns into black and reboots my system after i open another application such as google chrome. Ever since i updated to this driver its given me a headache. Now i had to revert back to 24.6.1. Please do optimize this driver for the game. 

ryzen 7 5700g

radeon rx 5700xt

16gb RAM

jdeguzman
Journeyman III

With 24.7.1, every game would crash on startup and PC will reboot. Had to downgrade to 24.5.1 for this issue to no longer happen. The fact that there is no acknowledgment is kinda ridiculous.

0 Likes

У меня игры все прекрасно работают на 24.7.1 Но игра HUNT Проблема с графикой. Игры не вылетают все норм. У кого проблемы с играми. Это не проблема с Драйвером. Но на счет FPS. Требую 150 как было в версии не помню в какой. Еще в 2022 Вроде. 

0 Likes
Danym
Journeyman III

and just to know amd alle the things i chsnged work in my fathers pc som it Was not a hardware issue like everybody claimed to me

0 Likes
ciborowski15
Journeyman III

Instant replay causing crashing in vr games

0 Likes

try  roll back other driver

0 Likes
Armedlion
Journeyman III

Hello im new here 

i dont know if this problem came with the new update (24.7.1 update) cause i bought the game yesterday (15/08/24) but the game doesn't open (greedfall) my gpu is 6600 if u can check this out i will appreciate

0 Likes
Paulo17
Journeyman III

Olá fiz um report com o  AMD Bug Report Tool minha placa de video é uma msi radeon rx570 4gb oc e o jogo hunt:showdown 1896 recém atualizada a engine apresentou um bug nas sombras está extremamente escuro injogável praticamente todas as rx500 etão passando por isso, seria posssivel verificar20240815221304_1.jpg20240815221308_1.jpg20240815221416_1.jpg?

0 Likes
T-3000GROB
Journeyman III

Вы там курите, либо мозгов нет. Как бить почему нет часто Обновлений? ДляВидео карт. Начиная с RX580?20240818022340_1.jpg

0 Likes
ArchKnight
Adept I

Not good

0 Likes
ArchKnight
Adept I

I was running 23.12.1 and playing Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree fine. A little stutter here and there, but fine.
So I decided to update to 24.7.1 and the stuttering increased significantly. 
Also, it seems like no fix for Kingdom Hearts games yet.

I paid 3.3k BRL for my RX 7800 XT, but the games run like crap on it. 
That's a lot of money down here in Brazil. A lot!

Please, fix your stuff, AMD. This is infuriating. 

0 Likes