cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 driver release notes.

Highlights

New Game Support

• The First Descendant
  • Once Human

Expanded HYPR-RX Support

HYPR-TUNE Profiles

• Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Overwatch® 2
  • The First Descendent
  • F1® 24
  • Outpost: Infinity Siege

Click HERE for more information about HYPR-RX.

• Enable HYPR-RX and get an instant boost in performance of up to 149% on the Radeon™ RX 7800XT GPU across games like Baldur's Gate 3, F1 23, Resident Evil 4 and more! RS-642
  • Join the conversation by sharing how well HYPR-RX with AFMF is working on your system. This information across thousands of games helps us make further improvements.

Expanded Operation System Support

• Support for Windows 11, version 24H2

AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Counter-Strike 2

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
  • Get a decrease in latency in Counter-Strike 2 of up to 40% with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 at 4K on the AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 GRE graphics card. RS-647.
  • Get a decrease in latency in Counter-Strike 2 of up to 27% with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 at 1080p on the AMD Ryzen™ 7 8700G processor with AMD Radeon™ 780M graphics. RS-651.

Click HERE for more information about AMD Anti-Lag 2.

AI on Radeon

• Performance improvements and memory footprint reduction for Large Language Models (LLMs) thanks to 4-bit quantization acceleration support for all RDNA™ series discrete graphics products and RDNA™ 3 series integrated graphics products running ONNXRuntime with DirectML.

Click HERE for more information.

AI Development on Radeon

• Technology Preview for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL 2) enabling PyTorch users with supported hardware to develop with AMD ROCm™ software on a Windows system, eliminating the need for dual boot set ups.

Expanded Agility SDK Support – Introducing support for Agility SDK 1.613 and Microsoft's Agility SDK 1.614.0 functionality.

•  Microsoft DirectX 12 Work Graphs 1.0 API
    • D3D12 Work Graphs support for AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 Series graphics cards, learn more HERE.
  • GPU Upload Heaps
    • See the DirectX Blog HERE, or our GPUOpen Blog post on GPU Upload Heaps HERE.
  • Shader Model 6.8 – Including Wave Size Range and Expanded Comparison Sampling
  • R9B9G9E5 Support for Render Targets and UAVs

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas may fail to launch.
  • Improvement to intermittent driver timeout or application crash experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 series GPUs.
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Performance Metrics may intermittently fail to update while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent system freeze or low FPS on hybrid graphics notebooks pairing certain FreeSync enabled displays.

What to Know

AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2

• Anti-Lag 2 will be enabled by default in the Counter-Strike 2 “ADVANCED VIDEO” settings menu.
  • Anti-Lag 2 unlocks improved responsiveness by adding in-game pacing of the CPU with the GPU, particularly in GPU-intensive scenarios.
    • For more information on how to use Anti-Lag 2 and measure latency click HERE.
    • Join the conversation by sharing how responsive is improved with Anti-Lag 2 on your system.

Known Issues

• Virtual Super Resolution or Display Color Enhancements may be set to disabled after driver upgrade. [Resolution targeted for 24.7.1]
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Intermittent in-game corruption may be observed while playing Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Record & Streaming and HDR enabled.
  • Intermittent black corruption may be observed on scaled 3d models while using Origin or OriginPro application. [Resolution targeted for 24.7.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.6.1, use the tag FORUM-24-6-1-GAMER56

88 Replies

I send reports to amd every day. They should notice it.

CayroMx4_0-1719568211735.png

0 Likes
marceldekker
Adept II

in the new Adrenalin 24.6.1 Drivers, if i want to change from RGB Full to Ycbcr :4:4:4 etc. it won't work. 

Have tried several things like DDU, uninstall every AMD Drivers with the AMD Tool.

You can try MoreClockTool.

This will do it for now, thanks!

SAME Problems.

Awol
Challenger

Im finding with the latest driver my GPU temps are way higher than the previous driver. 

sarang13579
Journeyman III

sarang13579_0-1719579923733.png

On AMD 5400gt windows 11 it is showing this error on AMD auto detect utility. Please help

0 Likes

my problem is with a small idle game from steam that doesn't use any fancy graphics.

the moment i installed this new driver 24.6.1 my game just didn't want to work anymore, it's just black - https://files.catbox.moe/wjzcyy.mp4 - 15 seconds recording starting the game if anyone cares

also saw a post about pixel format, ppl unable to change that, so yeah, definitely some problems with this version

i'm sad cause that game is the only one i play

0 Likes
Azathoth79
Journeyman III

After update almost half of my games is unplayable due to very aggresive gpu power limitation,

So I have laptop with R5600H and RX6500m not a powerhouse but get job done. So how I set gpu power to always stay at 45W while gaming?  Now after update it goes to riddicule 20W in rocket league and sometimes drops to 15W, while maintain stabel 60C temp , sometimes i game goes as low as 400MHz making this unpalyable. Lot of old games have this problem. Very low FPS, but GPU only like 600MHz, please fix this, or show me how to hardcode 45W power on gpu at gaming. I do not need it to be cool or not drain battery. Rocket league fall from 144FPS to 55FPS same settings that is **bleep**. 

And Smart acces memory is no longer supported after update

Smart acces problem resolved after clean install. But low performance still exists (tower of time sits at 15fps with gpu at about 500MHz all time )

0 Likes
redlightuser
Adept II

Idle temps for my RX 6600 Sapphire Pulse were around 55°, which never happened before. Now at 41°/38°/41° (die, memory, hotspot) hwinfo, after reverting to 24.5.1. They start at 35° when booting, but these are the temps i am used having. Room temp is same as usual.

Gaming load with the 24.6.1 is a bit trickier to discern, seeing as the GPU is programmed to run around 70° max on die average and 85° on hotspot, regulating fan rpms to achieve this. Not sure whether there was a bigger increase than usual. I always monitor my gaming sessions at all times with the overlay.

Another thing that changed was the overlay framing. This is a minor issue however. I will update to 24.7.1 when that one becomes available, this time without adhering to the user experience program, also to see whether it might be related or not. The new update had two separate options, whereas the older only had one.

CrashSimmons
Adept I

Will submit bug report. Still getting driver crashes on 7900 XTX with no overclocking in Destiny 2: The Final Shape.

Demonte
Journeyman III

The drivers crash/timeout on World of Warcraft Cataclysm Classic supposed to be fixed on 24.5.1 but they were still happening once in a while on my RX 7900GRE,NOW with 24.6.1 with less than 5 min into game the driver crashes.FIX THE **bleep** WOW DRIVERS ISSUES .Moving from Nvidia to AMD was the biggest mistake. 

So after disabling smart access memory from the drivers menu,and from Bios,seems like the issue has gone.I'll give it a few more days to see if drivers crash again.

0 Likes

Another driver, another Smart Access Memory being greyed out after disabling/re-enabling rebar and multiple resets. 

"Smart Technology" is an oxymoron. 

SwanUav
Adept I

Battlefield 2042 has driver crashes when switching to first-person on aviation
wonna crash driver? just take jet or heli and press С game will instantly crash
i'm switching my driver to 24.5.1 there is no issues like this

EA game related then maybe ?

FC 24 running badly also

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

I installed this over the previous drivers like I normally do. I was getting a lot stuttering Diablo 4. So I tried reinstalling with factory reset option, and still no change. So I did the DDU + disconnect from internet, then reinstalled previous drivers, and everything was normal.

This morning I decided to give these drivers another shot, and did a factory reset install with keep settings. Everything is very smooth again. Not really sure what caused the difficulties.

13700k + 7900 xtx Win 11 22h2

Nikola7800
Journeyman III

Hello, I have 7800X3D and 7800XT system and after 24.6.1. update my 7800XT is not working. Is there a solution other than to revert to old drivers.

0 Likes
Buutti
Adept II

Another driver, another failure.

Seriously, scrap the whole 24-series and start again. Unbelievable that you cannot get the drivers to work correctly.

Same issues with every single 24-series driver, games crash. Reverting to 23-series gives way less problems.

0 Likes
Cory_
Journeyman III

It's completely unbelievable that Kingdom Hearts is still broken. This has been one of the top 10 sellers on Steam for 2 weeks now. Fixing this should be a priority. As a new Radeon customer this is extremely frustrating. I owned Nvidia cards from 2016-2023 and NEVER had an issue like this.

0 Likes

dayz is broken for 2 years with 60k players peek.

0 Likes

Dayz still runs, though. KH is completely unplayable.

0 Likes

Dayz is unplayable too. 15 fps in cities. 

0 Likes

No, it's LITERALLY unplayable. I couldn't play Kingdom Hearts even if I wanted to.

A game that doesn't function at all takes precedent over a game with poor performance.

0 Likes

Dayz has been broken for 2 years and kingdom hearts for idk a month? DayZ is unplayable just like kingdom hearts - unless you want to play at 5 fps.

0 Likes

hahaha funny no its been broken since the card released, The game did exist on epic and the game breaking issues have been going on there for a while aswell. Nothings come out of it though.

Low FPS with low GPU & CPU usage - DayZ Mod Troubleshooting - DayZ Forums
The first mention of problems with dayz appeared in 2013. even on HD series cards.
AMD wrote me back and they were supposed to fix it, but the problem was not even added to the list of known issues. BTW - Did you use the amd bug report tool to report kingdom hearts?

0 Likes

Kingdom Hearts has been broken for THREE years actually.

0 Likes
autaztic
Adept I

I had to go back to 24.5.1 due to heavy artifacting in Rust. It started immediately after I updated to 24.6.1. When I first saw it I feared the worst, dying GPU / VRAM. It only happens in Rust though thankfully. I have seen others report this as well. It appears to be some kind of lighting anomaly. The artifacts are like transparent blocks that are brighter than the rest of the screen around them. They don't change the part of the screen they are occupying though, like a typical failing vram artifact would. They just brighten it. I don't know how else to explain it. They wouldn't show up in screenshots and I already used the AMD Cleanup Utility to wipe 24.6.1 and re-installed 24.5.1.

I am running a 5700X3D w/ 32gb DDR4 3800, B550 motherboard, Asrock PG 7900XT.

0 Likes
HewinFM
Journeyman III

I'm getting coil whine on this update just sitting idle on my desktop, moving windows around, scrolling my browser. 

Downgrading to 24.5.1 gets rid of the coil whine and I can live in silence again.

AMD please fix.

RX 6750XT

What is the fan speed and power draw difference between the two drivers?

0 Likes

Install the new driver, then install the old driver and check.

0 Likes
Kidcia
Journeyman III

I have to say, i bought this card over a 4090 and have never felt so much buyers remorse in my life. This has been the worst experience ive ever had with a gaming system. I will be going to  micro center to hopefully be trading in this worthless graphics card that is the most overpriced paper weight ive ever paid for. This is my 3rd full week ive had to deal with garbage drivers and for anyone wondering if nvidia is better, GO! RUN! GO GET A 1060 a 01! When i mean anything other then this garbage asus 7900 xtx. Save yourself the annoying, disgrace that this card is! Ive had this card for 3 months and 2 of them have been a dust collecting piece of garbage. 

The AMD GPU experience perfectly summarized in 1 paragraph.

0 Likes
l0rd0fs1n
Journeyman III

When i try to play a game, my computer restarts. If not immediately after 1 minute maximum. The only game where this has not happened is Rocket League. I had to reinstall 24.5.1, unfortunately. My GPU is 7800xt

Shaadum59
Journeyman III

What a disaster for EASports FC24. In concrete terms, it's unplayable; the game no longer responds, everything is laggy and loading is laggy. In short, it just doesn't work.
I downgraded to the previous version: it was Forza Horizon 5 that refused to start (after reinitialization, complete reinstallation, nothing helped). I've gone back to the current version, I'm giving up on FIFA. A fix, please...

radu1006
Adept III

With this new driver on my 7900xt when I start Elite Dangerous it resets my PC. Not even a driver timeout, just hard reset. I just cannot start the game. I will have to roll back the driver yet again.