cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

New Game Support

• Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition
  • Outpost: Infinity Siege

Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Diablo® IV
  • Ghostrunner 2
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Fixed Issues

• Excessive micro stutter may be intermittently experienced after enabling AMD Fluid Motion Frames for select games.
  • Improvement to intermittent driver timeout or application crash experienced while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2 on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 series GPUs. 
  • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Starcraft II™ on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Improvements to reduce initial loading times while playing World of Warcraft with DirectX 12 API on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Purple corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition with Radeon™ Boost and Raytracing enabled.
  • Some characters may appear invisible or have missing textures while playing Cossacks 3.
  • Flickering lights may be observed while playing Space Engineers in certain indoor environments.
  • The maximum memory tuning limit may be incorrectly reported on AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 GRE graphics products.
  • Shader caching may fail for Windows usernames containing accented characters.
  • FPS performance metric may incorrectly report values while a game is minimized.
  • GPU Acceleration may be missing/greyed out in Adobe Premiere Pro on some hybrid graphics systems.
  • Performance drop may be observed while using some DirectML workloads in Topaz AI.

Known Issues

• Intermittent application crash may be observed while playing Lords of the Fallen and entering certain areas on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 24.4.1]
  • Artifacts may appear in certain mud environments while playing SnowRunner on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800. [Resolution targeted for 24.4.1]
  • AMD SmartAccess Video may be incorrectly reported as “Available” on some systems with the Parsec Virtual Display Driver installed. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

Important Notes

• For users who previously installed an AMD Software preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Some per-game graphics profiles may have incorrectly been set to HYPR-RX Eco after a driver upgrade. Users experiencing this issue may use the Factory Reset option to return all profiles to default.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.3.1, use the tag FORUM-24-3-1-GAMER56

144 Replies
Adept I

It was also released for Vega and polaris but I couldn't find the patch notes.

0 Likes
KingVulpes
Journeyman III

No Nvidia Remix fixes?

0 Likes
rdawise
Adept I

Anyone else seeing this date for this driver???

Screenshot 2024-03-20 155828.png

Hmm, mine says 13/3/24

cwiggles_0-1711061154264.png

0 Likes

Aye ... Mine the same date on it

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Another driver update, much of the same issues.

Still not fixed

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 REMIX - Intermittent driver time outs on RX7000 series GPUS. Seems to be related to DX12. (Happens everytime you beat Clayton in Deep Jungle)

yup same here ! 7900 XTX still crashes time outs .

I have to lower my setting in adrenalin for it not to crash

7900 XTX merc 310 

7800X3D

What are you lowering?

0 Likes

select Radeon chill set min frames to 75 and max to whatever you monitor refresh rate is mine being 165 Also turned off XPO on ram no more crashes. 

make sure you do a fresh install of drivers DDU or AMD clean up utility.  I'm also using  older drivers 23.11.1  Let me know if this helps you!

The Game that was crashing on me was Battlefield 2042 DX12 game

7900 XTX Merc 310

7800 X3D 

0 Likes

Update!    turned XPO back on still no crashes.

running current new drivers now!

raised FPS on the game I play bf 2042 in Radeon chill 

to Min . 85 to Max 185 FPS  I have 165 refresh rate its a shame i was hitting 400 FPS with Raden chill off

still no crashes .

will keep raising up till i find the crash point.

arta2234
Adept I

Then you fix IL 2 1946 drivers problems?

Can you share a solution with me?

0 Likes
AyyyMD
Journeyman III

Updated, still crashing like before in Helldivers 2. Just can't report the crash to you guys anymore LOL

FlanknFerret
Adept I

7900xtx still can't play kingdom hearts without driver timeouts.  

Yup. "Still" can't play this without problems.

I'm starting to think this will never be addressed as its not "significant enough".

It doesn't even get mentioned under the issues area of Driver updates.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

When saving the settings from 24.3.1 and then trying to import them again the GUI freezes and ultimately needs to be forced closed. The "Keep settings" confirmation button does nothing and ultimately is the cause of the freeze. Oddly enough, I can import settings from prior releases just fine.

I should say that I've used both DDU and did a factory reset to install this as I always do.

rawintellect_0-1710975851094.jpeg

0 Likes
Gon123
Adept II

Does this one still crash when going to sleep mode?

0 Likes

Already fix after some quite time ago.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

Thanks for your answer! But can I be sure about that?

I don't have integrated graphics and really can't afford to have my PC not usable because of a driver crash. I also don't know if Windows drivers respond always, so what happens with a crash is something beyond my knowledge.

0 Likes
Insomnia86
Adept I

This driver is the same as 24.2.1 and 24.1.1 i get freezing with freesync on when watching videos on the web especially netflix I went back to 23.10.2 and everything went back to normal again.Just stop releasing drivers until you make stable driver AMD!

The same situation on 6700xt. I feel so frustrated about it(
I understand when one driver has bugs, but three releases in a row is too much. 

0 Likes

When you say freezing, do you mean a full system crash?

I have the 7900xtx and recently discovered my monitor has Freesync Premium. Enabling it has caused multiple full system crashes whilst NOT playin games. 

It will literally crash whilst changing settings in Adrenaline. I assumed it was the newest drivers and Freesync as my GPU seems stable while actually playing games. 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I don't think that is a driver issue, I thing that is a Windows issue. I could be dead wrong.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Can we potentially look into why KH1.5+2.5 Remix timeout the Amdwu23g driver on RX7000's please? I've begged and begged. And I'm getting really tired of these timeouts.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Report the problem to the bug report tool in Adrenalin, and use this link to start a ticket with AMD directly. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Thank you I have sent a bug report.

As its been around so long I'm not very hopeful on this, but I could always be proven wrong.

Please fix dayz gpu utilization issue
I report this problem using AMD bug report tool 2-3 months ago.. 
DayZ low gpu usage - AMD Community
T179078 Low GPU utilization/clocks when enter to city. (bistudio.com)

W0lfar
Adept I

Please try to resolve this issue with DayZ. I've always used AMD (Ati Technologies) products, only one time I had Nvidia GPU. But DayZ is my favorite game and I'm seriously considering buying a GPU from another manufacturer next time.

Moreover, you have already solved this problem before. So it is not impossible, and you know how to do it! I am forced to use a 3 year old driver for my 6900 XT. And some modern games simply refuse to work with it. Reinstall drivers every time is not an option! Also, if I want to upgrade the GPU to a 7000 series card, I will no longer be able to use this old DayZ fixed driver. I have no choice but to buy a card from another manufacturer next time!

rdawise
Adept I

The timeout issue has been returned...

AMD, all we're asking is an acknowledgement of the issue.

0 Likes

I can only ask that anyone with KH issues with AMD please submit reports via the bug tool, flood them with requests. They won't be able to ignore it if it floods their reports.

This goes for any games with driver timeouts.

Flood them. They can't ignore it if we keep on at them.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

If it goes unreported then the team won't know there is a problem. This is the best way to get the attention of the driver dev team. Include as much information about the issue as possible, and if it is replicable, include every step to recreate the problem. 

0 Likes

I made sure to include the easiest way to cause the game to crash as it will give then some clue as to what causes it.

I feel like I've reported the timeout issue with Kingdom hearts numerous times months ago using the bug report tool.  I've left detailed instructions on how to recreate it which anyone who has a 7000 series gpu can very easily recreate in this game.  Left my email address.  Still crickets.  I've always used AMD cards.  Started with a HD 7950, R9 295x2, Radeon VII, 6900xt, and now 7900xtx.  AMD has never been perfect but usually any issues where pretty timely fixed with a driver update.  At this point I just want acknowledgement that this is a known issue.  

0 Likes

We just gotta keep on at them.

The more reports we put through the more it will become known.

Its all we can do at the moment.

KH1 seems to work more on Radeon Chill.

Although.... with Radeon Chill you will crash randomly here.

20240323_224239.jpg

0 Likes

Can we please have this added to the "Known Issues" list? It's been known for months maybe even years now, the fact it's not even listed is a disastrous performance.

Kingdom Hearts Rechain of Memories is so unstable it crashes just from saving the game and coming out of the pause menu

0 Likes

I will NOT rest until this gets acknowledged.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

It seems that using Universal Tuning Utility handheld and locking the fps to 80 and 200 using Radeon Chill I got KH1 to stop crashing by using 720p fullscreen but the resolution of the desktop is 1080p, will report back on issues but it seems that kh needs different settings per game to run, a bit ludicrous.

Update: seems to crash still but its less frequent I think..

0 Likes