Dragokar
Miniboss

For everyone

New Feature Highlights

• New Game Support
    • Skull and Bones™
    • Nightingale

Fixed Issues

• Improvements to intermittent driver timeout or application crash while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent application crash when first launching Enshrouded or changing Anti-Aliasing settings on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent driver timeout or application crash may be considered while playing Counterstrike 2 with FSR enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
  • Improvements to excessive stutter while playing various games, including Battlefield™ 2042, Destiny 2, Overwatch 2, Monster Hunter: World, PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS and STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II. 
  • Deathloop may experience extended loading times on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.  
  • Dead Space may experience an application crash after enabling RTAO on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800. 
  • Shadows may appear bright, or reflections may be missing while playing Enshrouded on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products. 
  • HDR settings may intermittently fail to take effect while playing certain games such as Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth.  
  • Graphics API metric may be incorrectly reported as DirectX® 12 for some Vulkan® games. 
  • After a system reboot, Parsec host application may experience a crash on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.  
  • During Microsoft Teams meetings, the camera may intermittently display looped footage on some AMD Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U Processor. 
  • Oculus Rift S may display with a green tint on AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.  
  • AFMF may be inaccurately displayed on select hybrid graphics configurations, particularly in systems where one of the devices lacks support for AFMF. AFMF must be supported on the displaying GPU to be activated. 

Known Issues

• Application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Starcraft II™ on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent driver timeout or application crash may be experienced after playing a mission and changing the in-game resolution while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • World of Warcraft may experience extended initial loading times with DirectX 12 API on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Shader caching may fail for Windows usernames containing accented characters. [Resolution targeted for 24.3.1]
  • FPS performance metric may incorrectly report values while a game is minimized. [Resolution targeted for 24.3.1] 
  • AMD SmartAccess Video may be incorrectly reported as “Available” on some systems with the Parsec Virtual Display Driver installed. 
  • Performance drop may be observed while using some DirectML workloads in Topaz AI. 
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q2] 
kyton
Adept III

Is anyone else having issues where the screen will not go into sleep mode after 15 min with these drivers?

seems to be working now for the last few days.   Otherwise, BF2042 runs fine, but the textures looked a tad blurry.  Tarkov has been running ok so far.

0 Likes

dude i cant even use my gpu down to one display runing off my ipgu this bs cant even play a **bleep**ing game this bs 

Draxirch
Challenger

As per usual. No fixes for the Display Driver Timeouts with amd23uwg. This issue has been known for months now. Why has nothing been done about it...

There is no fundamental problem with driver timeout and RX7000. So your Problem is specific or individual or not caused by the driver it self. 

0 Likes

I'd put money against that statement.

World of Warcraft has had issues for months. The game has a long hang time on loadups and will cause a driver timeout. Driver known issues qualifies it on the 6800 but my 7900XT is no different from my friends 6000 series.

Forget that FSR has been broken in that game since October 2023.

Its definitely driver related.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix are known for a while now to be crashing and causing display time outs in the event viewer. As shown here. These are all from this one game.

20231212_152321.jpg

I dare anyone sane to tell me that is NOT a driver problem. 

battlefield 2042 crashes dx error driver failed with this version

Saari
Adept I

Does this Beta Driver fix the extreme GPU Spikes while idle (7900XTX)?

No more spikes on idle on my 7900 XT

Same here. But the driver still crashes.

0 Likes

when is this driver coming out it has been 3 whole days now nvidia realsed a new driver and still nothing on this one for coming out still this driver is still not out yet 

0 Likes
doomcreeper
Adept III

Why are beta drivers no longer posted on the driver download page and Adrenaline does not notify you about the presence of beta drivers, although this option is enabled in the software?

Kahlimdor
Adept II

I would like to say that after being the entire day trying to play destiny 2 (And failed, since it crashed constantly) I got pretty excited when I saw this.

Long story short, my GPU (7600XT) stopped giving video a few days ago. I sent it for repair. The tech guy told me it was working fine, change of paste and pads + cleaning.

He mentioned the problem could've been my PSU, running a 700W 80+ (Bronze) Sentey. Could it have been cause of it? Maybe. Would be weird since it never happened before.

Anyways, after getting the GPU back and installing it again, couldn't run D2, constant crashes before even 3 mins into the game. I think it was the 24.1.1 adrenalin version. Consistent Broccoli error (Bungie code), followed by a driver crash notification.

Tried installing this beta version, still having the same issues. When I opted for letting windows install the "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display -" I could run D2. Of course, compared to what it was before (I can't remember the exact adrenalin version) it was pretty bad, but I can now play the game thanks to it.

So in conclusion, this Beta version did not solve my problems with D2.

0 Likes
anakk1n
Adept I

7900 xtx user here

I still have the problem of the computer totally freezing for 30 seconds or so when launching my browser. On the previous browser sometimes it was never recovering and I had to hard reset it myself using the power/restart button. As far as I've read this is a hardware acceleration problem and it's been going for OVER a year?!?!?!?

I honestly kind of regret not going for a 4080 super instead of my 7900 xtx, even if more expensive. You can't sell a card for +$1000 and have these constant problems.

Not to mention that on the previous driver (prob this one too since the hw acc problem is still present) I used to have random restarts of my PC during using discord (since it also uses hw acc i guess).

7900 XTX user and playing PUBG I’m still crashing and it is worse than before. 24.2.1 seems to have less stutters, but has a bug in freesync as it has noticeable frame tearing. I’d suggest avoiding both 24.1.1 and this beta 24.2.1 as both have issues. I’m going back to 23.12.1, which while it has some stutters seems to crash much less. I might try 23.11.1 which others are recommending.

These poor quality drivers need to get addressed! people will never buy AMD again if you keep crashing their games mid battle, it just ruins it. 

23.11.1 runs perfect on my 7900xtx! I'm not updating these drivers anymore till they fix them.

spoke to soon they are better... but still crashes in battlefield 2042 i think its a sound issue that triggers the crash

修复个屁 该闪退崩溃黑屏一个都少不了

0 Likes
masterx1234
Adept I

Just a FYI it seems there is still a freesync bug in these drivers just like the last ones, What will happen is that freesync randomly disables itself during gameplay if the framerate hits the monitor refresh rate cap, so lets say your monitor maxes out at 144hz, once the in game framerate reaches 144FPS at any time then freesync will disable itself and momentarily cause frame pacing issues because the refresh rate doesnt match the in game framerate.

You can test this yourself, go to a game that you know is affected by the stuttering issue in the newer drivers and turn on your monitors setting overlay and look at your current refresh rate, when the stutters happen youll notice that your refresh rate will stay at the highest that it supports and isnt variable like its supposed to be when Freesync is on. This is the cause of everyones stutter issue, This is completely unrelated to shader cache stutters. it appears freesync is broken for a lot of people. Frame pacing problems are because the monitors refresh isnt matching the framerate.

0 Likes

you could enable vsync

or set framecap in game to eg. 142.

or activate radeon chill min/max 142/142

or use rtss and cap the fps tp 142.

radu1006
Adept III

7900xt here:

- clock spikes are fixed, but the driver still crashes from time to time in idle state
- also video upscale gets disabled and cannot be enabled after restart

Draxirch
Challenger

20240220_165052.jpg

So the game crashes on anything higher than 30 fps. 30 fps this crash does in fact not occur.

It crashes everytime you go into battle on 60 fps.

Reducing it to 30 fps does in fact resolve this crash. But the beauty of the PC port is lost as we want the 60 fps smoothness. The fact it crashes makes anyone with AMD processors not want to buy the game.

Will this be of some use to AMD in potentially resolving this? 

It seems the issue is related to 60 fps then?

0 Likes

Does anyone have issues running bf 2042 with this driver where your in a match and half way throuhg almost every 2 to three hours and it boots you to the main menu of the game with no error message just straight to the main menu and its very weird

I did random crashes stuttering .

what I did was I used DDU cleaned out GPU drivers in safe mode. booted back up and installed  

older drivers 23,11,1 works perfect no more problem

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

I stand corrected. It can still crash at 30 huh...

Kingdom Hearts is such an unplayable mess haha.

It definitely seems more prominent to crash on 60-120 fps, unlocked fps you can actually battle once or twice before the game inevitably gives up again.

AMD really should look into why the higher FPS modes are causing the display driver to timeout...

To aid with timeouts here's what I know mostly.

Kh1 - crashes while pausing on fps 60-120, unlocked seems to mitigate this a little. And it crashes during some cutscenes, uncapping fps in cutscenes to 60 does make it less likely to happen tho.

Kh2 - crashes randomly, crashes always during the kairi & selphie scene on Destiny Islands during Roxas day 4. Unlocked mostly fixes this but you must uncap the cutscene fps to 60 to bypass this consistent crash.

Khrecom - the worst, crashes upon battling heartless in 60-120 fps, unlocked mitigates it slightly but still happens.

Can anyone confirm birth by sleep is just as broken?

(Make sure you turn off Refresh Rate, You'll crash way more often with it on.)

0 Likes
Lightness
Adept I

Hello, i hope tomb raider remastered working with this ? Because the old windows update driver for RX6800 work with tomb raider remastered but 24.1.1 WHQL not working at all... blac screen go to desktop. This a recurrent 20-years old problem !!! Change editor or Devs !

0 Likes
gloomd
Journeyman III

At least it fixed Party Animals fur display issue on my 7800XT which was really gross.

BFV/BF2042 is now having better texture and less stutters on 4K. Happy about this update.

hardreset
Challenger

My computer randomly freezes when I try to launch the game or immediately after exiting the game to Windows. And it hangs in such a way that I have to perform a hard reset by holding the power button.
RX7900GRE, i5 13600K, Z690. Windows 11 PRO.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes

I suggest everyone who has stability problems check their computer with occt.
https://www.ocbase.com/download
In this program, test the CPU with Stability test Linpack 2021.
And do Vram test. I tested my computer and it turned out that it hangs in the vram test if I have vram tuning and memory timing set to "fast timing" in the adrenalin drivers . I changed it to default and the crashes stopped. There was no such problem on the official drivers from January.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes

Hi there.

I think Linpack 2021 is more Intel exclusive, right? I saw that the default is 2019, which in theory has AMD as well? Or am I wrong and just assuming things?

Thanks for the recommendation. I did downloaded it and run a few tests, including Vram, Memory and 3D standard. Both at 100% and luckily enough no problem found! Tomorrow I will continue to test since it's 1 am for me, and unfortunately, I'm no longer 20 years haha.

Anyways, have a good night/day. Regards - Kahlimdor -

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

It seems to me like the crashing with KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5+2.5 is related to "Vertical Sync" and "Refresh Rates" as playing on Unlocked FPS I can play KH1, KH2 and Recom albeit with a bit of stuttering because of the lack of Vsync.

AMD please look into this matter, I think this should be a simple problem to resolve?

0 Likes
ImminentOrbit
Journeyman III

The link to the driver is some old version. File is "amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.40.19.01-win10-win11-feb16-rdna" where I'd expect the version to be 24.2.1. Is there a link to the correct file somewhere?

0 Likes

Hi there.

Correct the file name has that "name" which is misleading, but it is actually the latest version. I myself have that version. If I look for a newer version, it says it's up to date. Plus, the features are those of the 24.1.1, the same UI and etc, which differ a bit from 23.12.

So in short, the link is correct, the name of the file (maybe cause it's a beta version? I don't know) is pretty confusing.

Have a good day - Kahlimdor -

Yekul
Adept I

With a 7900XTXT, Helldivers 2 still crashes hard, I will roll back to 23.12.1, I can still play there with Global Illumination and Antialiasing off, sometimes crash but I have been able to play even for days without a single driver timeout, of course while having the other settings at the highest quality setting possible.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

For those with crashing issues in Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 it seems to work more with these settings.

Windowed, 1080p, unlocked, refresh rate on. (You can also turn this off for more stability especially in Rechain of Memories.

I am testing the game with a lot of the typical crash points and so far nothing.

Just make sure you don't mess with the settings once in place and it shouldn't crash anymore?

Also remove the Adrenaline Software as it might cause refresh rate issues.

Tested the infamous Twilight Town Train crash and it doesn't seem to be happening.

0 Likes
Cliffford
Adept I

24.2.1 no good driver .My 7900xtx crash on Helldivers 2 nonstop.And its not limitation from Hardware or Hotspot .The GPU sleep on Water with 45c° .Its a Joke the lastest drivers!

0 Likes

Hi!

I do not own that GPU so I can't test this, but have you tried to use "stock" settings? I say many people saying that overclocking will crash games.

I have a 6700xt and when I try to overclock, destiny 2 crashes in less than 1 minute. If I stop overclock, I can play.

Hope it helps.

Regards - Kahlimdor -

0 Likes

I had same experience with my (old) rx 6600. In "default" all fine, all good.

Tried to tackle with frequencies, power, etc. - problems.

0 Likes