cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

New Game Support

NEW AMD Software UI Redesign –The Home and Gaming tab have undergone a UI redesign in this latest update of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition.

• HYPR-RX profiles can now be enabled easily on a global basis, or per-game on the Home Tab; additionally, games on the Home tab now will display key art for a more vibrant experience
  • When users go to the Graphics section within the Gaming tab, they will be able to learn more about specific features in each HYPR-RX profile by clicking on individual features to display a content block that contains more information about what benefits each feature enables
  • Now when you view your performance metrics in AMD Software, you can choose to customize elements such as the background or text colors, default enabled metrics through profiles, as well as select options such as showing the metrics overlay only while a game is open.

Introducing: AMD HYPR-RX Eco – designed with power savings in mind, when HYPR-RX Eco is enabled, AMD Software will enable a suite of features for gamers to experience power savings with one click

• HYPR-RX Eco will launch initially with support for Radeon 7000 Series graphics support and RDNA 3 platforms

Expanded OpenGL Interop Support - AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 expands support for FRTC, Radeon™ Super Resolution, Overlay, Record and Stream features to OpenGL games.

Additional OS Feature Support

• Support for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling for Radeon RX 7900/7800/7700 series GPUs. Click HERE for more information.

Additional SDK Support

• Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click HERE for more information.

AI and Machine Learning

• DirectML improvements and optimizations for Topaz AI and DaVinci Resolve on AMD Radeon RX 600M, 700M, 6000, and 7000 series graphics. 

Fixed Issues

• Improvements to high idle power when using select dual monitor display setups with mixed resolutions and high refresh rate displays (such as 1440p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz or 2160p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent micro-stuttering may be experienced when running Chromium-based browsers on systems that pair a Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPU with a secondary display connected to an AMD Ryzen™ 7000 series processor.
  • Stars may intermittently fail to appear while playing Crysis Remastered.
  • Certain textures may become invisible while playing Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent corruption may be observed on the racetrack while playing EA Sports WRC.
  • Intermittent stutter while playing Overwatch 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XTX.

Known Issues

• Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
  • Intermittent grey screen after driver upgrade with certain monitors (such as Nixeus NX-EDG274K) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Performance drop may be observed in some light DirectML workloads.
  • Graphics API metric may show as N/A in certain UWP applications.
  • Intermittent flickering of certain ground textures may be observed while playing War Thunder with 4x SAAA enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.

Important Notes

• Starting in January, AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver releases will no longer support AMD Link. This move will allow AMD to put more focus on developers with our SDKs such as the AMD Advanced Media Framework that allow them to enable streaming functionality within their solutions. Gamers can continue to use AMD Link until then. Click HERE for more information.
  • Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation. issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.
  • For users who previously installed an AMD Software insider preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Graphics profiles and performance metrics setting mays may be adjusted after upgrading from previous AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver versions. Users experiencing issues may use the settings reset option in either the graphics or performance metrics page to recover to default settings.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 23.12.1, use the tag FORUM-23-12-1-GAMER56

92 Replies
Meatpopsikle
Adept II

Can't even enjoy Borderlands 3

Log Name: System
Source: Display
Date: 1/12/2024 9:52:53 AM
Event ID: 4101
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: --
Description:
Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Display" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-01-12T17:52:53.3707479Z" />
<EventRecordID>90285</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="7320" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Overlord</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>amduw23g</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

0 Likes
Meatpopsikle
Adept II

I've been forced to put my old GTX 1660 Super back in my system for piece of mind. I usually just install only drivers with no adrenaline software. Always using the AMD cleanup utility every time. I've had my RX 7600 for 6 months and most of the summer it was fine. I played a lot of WoW classic and never had issues and now that is crashing the drivers. Warframe crashes, Crossout crashes, Borderlands 3 crashes, etc etc. I had 4 crashes inside of 3 hours yesterday. I had 3 days with no issues thinking the windows update might have fixed it but nope. Told my friend it wasn't fair for him to constantly wait for me so I just bit the bullet and put the 1660 back in. I really hope what ever driver is in the works fixes these issues cause this RX 7600 is going to end up on eBay and I'll get a RTX 4060.

Honestly can't rap my head around the fact that you guys designed this GPU but you can't get the ones and zeros lined up correctly to get it to run properly. I love your CPU's and chipsets....GPU...not so much!

0 Likes
farske
Adept II

And another crash.

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_744C&SUBSYS_E4711DA2&REV_C8\6&110e5a7d&0&00000008 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem37.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amdwddmg
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Always crashing, never able to play.

0 Likes

I think we are all waiting on a driver update that will either blow our minds with fixing the timeouts or the update doesn't resolve it whatsoever.

0 Likes
Meatpopsikle
Adept II

I put the RX 7600 back in my system but this time I ran DDU (in safe mode) and the AMD clean up utility before installing the latest drivers. Only drivers no Adrenaline software. Almost two days and no issues so far but haven't had a lot of time to put it to the test. I turned off 'Variable refresh rate' and 'Optimizations for windowed games' in windows 11. I have Freesync turned on in my monitor via display port. Seems to be running sexy smooth but only time will tell if driver will not crash. 

0 Likes
zzy262
Journeyman III

The 23.12.1 driver caused a problem with D5 Render. Now its rendered images are all black. Hope you can fix this, and now I have returned to 23.11.1
Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

I checked their forum, it seems the problem is only with Radeon 7xxx series GPU.

0 Likes
Meatpopsikle
Adept II

I had two days with nothing and then this:

Log Name: System
Source: Display
Date: 1/16/2024 8:00:09 AM
Event ID: 4101
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: --
Description:
Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Display" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-01-16T16:00:09.8235550Z" />
<EventRecordID>93019</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="11660" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>--</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>amduw23g</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

0 Likes

Man sorry to hear that, I think this issue will not be resolved though... its not "high priority" probably...

I'm almost regretting buying the ROG ALLY bit everything else works so perfectly it's sad to see that Kingdom Hearts is plagued with this disastrous crashing issue.

0 Likes
jrbrugger
Journeyman III

This update has broken the usability of my computer and am no longer able to increase resolution or use HDR... I am running on AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz

I am getting this error: PA-300 | AMD Radeon™ Software Compatibility Issue | AMD

And when I download the compatability software it just says i'm already using the correct compatability software.

Please fix as I literally can't play any of my games,  they won't even load without crashing!

0 Likes
Meatpopsikle
Adept II

I have made some changes to my setup. I have two monitors and had my desktop wallpaper change every 60 seconds. In windows 11 it will alternate between the two monitors. I noticed with the Radeon card I would see this flash or flicker on the right monitor when I would be gaming in full screen when the wall paper would change. Never saw that on nVidia cards. I also did some research online about having two different monitors with different connections running at different refresh rates. My main display is a 'ViewSonic VX2757-mhd' at 75hz via a display port connection with FreeSync enabled. My right monitor is a 'Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM' at 60hz via a HDMI connection. I also was forced to make my Samsung my main display. That is the only way to get the system tray on that display. That way I just look to the right and see information that the tray would provide. In Windows 10 you just unlock the task bar and drag it over and be done; but in Microsoft's infinite wisdom they change that Win 11. 'Explorer Patcher' app fixed that. 'Explorer Patcher' is a MUST have if you are frustrated with the seriously wacked changes MS made to Win 11. Now I have WAY more functionality to my desktop and explorer windows!! Also got rid of that annoying recommendation section at the bottom of the Start menu.

Now my ViewSonic monitor is now my main display. I also changed my wall paper to be static. I ran DDU and AMD cleanup utility to clear out any previous installs of nVidia or AMD drivers. Running the latest 23.12.1 but only the drivers no Adrenaline software. I run only essential programs when gaming. Usually just WinAMP for music and Discord when gaming with friends. The occasional Chrome browser when needed. Nothing else. I kill any apps from loading at startup. I also turned off auto driver update in Win 11. I've had it change the video driver automatically. Didn't dig that at all.

So far I have no issues with driver crashes. It's only been a day though. I will continue to put this thing through its paces.

Thing to keep in mind is everyone's setup is going to be different. Unlike consoles where the hardware is the same for every device. We need to feed AMD as much intel as possible to help them figure out what the issues are. I have switched between Radeon and Geforce a few times since getting my RX 7600 and one thing I can say for sure is the Radeon has better image fidelity then Geforce. The color's are more vivid and really pop! Games look more 3D! I A/B this thing against a RTX 3060 (which was the same price) and the RX 7600's FPS smoked the Geforce card!!

GO AMD GO! Make me proud!.....please!

0 Likes
TripppiSolo
Journeyman III

Hello, I recently had to redownload this driver. Upon setting back up I noticed I could not activate 0% fan curve at all. Is there a fix to this? Its not really a bad problem but it is a problem none the less. Any help with this would be great.

0 Likes

This discussion is now locked. Please refer to the Adrenalin 24.1.1 driver feedback discussion here.

0 Likes