cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

New Game Support

NEW AMD Software UI Redesign –The Home and Gaming tab have undergone a UI redesign in this latest update of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition.

• HYPR-RX profiles can now be enabled easily on a global basis, or per-game on the Home Tab; additionally, games on the Home tab now will display key art for a more vibrant experience
  • When users go to the Graphics section within the Gaming tab, they will be able to learn more about specific features in each HYPR-RX profile by clicking on individual features to display a content block that contains more information about what benefits each feature enables
  • Now when you view your performance metrics in AMD Software, you can choose to customize elements such as the background or text colors, default enabled metrics through profiles, as well as select options such as showing the metrics overlay only while a game is open.

Introducing: AMD HYPR-RX Eco – designed with power savings in mind, when HYPR-RX Eco is enabled, AMD Software will enable a suite of features for gamers to experience power savings with one click

• HYPR-RX Eco will launch initially with support for Radeon 7000 Series graphics support and RDNA 3 platforms

Expanded OpenGL Interop Support - AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 expands support for FRTC, Radeon™ Super Resolution, Overlay, Record and Stream features to OpenGL games.

Additional OS Feature Support

• Support for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling for Radeon RX 7900/7800/7700 series GPUs. Click HERE for more information.

Additional SDK Support

• Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click HERE for more information.

AI and Machine Learning

• DirectML improvements and optimizations for Topaz AI and DaVinci Resolve on AMD Radeon RX 600M, 700M, 6000, and 7000 series graphics. 

Fixed Issues

• Improvements to high idle power when using select dual monitor display setups with mixed resolutions and high refresh rate displays (such as 1440p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz or 2160p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent micro-stuttering may be experienced when running Chromium-based browsers on systems that pair a Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPU with a secondary display connected to an AMD Ryzen™ 7000 series processor.
  • Stars may intermittently fail to appear while playing Crysis Remastered.
  • Certain textures may become invisible while playing Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent corruption may be observed on the racetrack while playing EA Sports WRC.
  • Intermittent stutter while playing Overwatch 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XTX.

Known Issues

• Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
  • Intermittent grey screen after driver upgrade with certain monitors (such as Nixeus NX-EDG274K) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Performance drop may be observed in some light DirectML workloads.
  • Graphics API metric may show as N/A in certain UWP applications.
  • Intermittent flickering of certain ground textures may be observed while playing War Thunder with 4x SAAA enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.

Important Notes

• Starting in January, AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver releases will no longer support AMD Link. This move will allow AMD to put more focus on developers with our SDKs such as the AMD Advanced Media Framework that allow them to enable streaming functionality within their solutions. Gamers can continue to use AMD Link until then. Click HERE for more information.
  • Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation. issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.
  • For users who previously installed an AMD Software insider preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Graphics profiles and performance metrics setting mays may be adjusted after upgrading from previous AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver versions. Users experiencing issues may use the settings reset option in either the graphics or performance metrics page to recover to default settings.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 23.12.1, use the tag FORUM-23-12-1-GAMER56

92 Replies
doomcreeper
Adept III

So. This driver is complete rubbish. games crash and freeze and slow down. I installed it twice: first through adrenaline, then through DDU. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for all the feedback so far on Adrenalin 23.12.1. 

As a gentle reminder, if you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

Don't forget that when you submit a bug report, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 23.12.1, use the tag FORUM-23-12-1-GAMER56

0 Likes

What's the point to use the Bug tool, if there's no solution? Issues keeps going across entire series 7xxx.

I have my 7900 not even 3 months, and there's issue after issue, no matter which drivers i use. And no, my entire computer is stable. Problems started just 3-4 days after installed 7900. Even switched back to Windows 10, fully update, still drivers crashing. I had nvidia 2080 ti before, for 2 years, and i swear, i never had a single gpu driver crash. I didn't expected such poor drivers quality for AMD's top tier gpus. I just wanted to go with AMD for the very first time, paid 1100e, and honestly, i regretted it now. And funny thing is, i see some famous AMD content creators at Youtube, praising every new drivers, yet somehow, NONE of them talking or having problems with said issues, like rest of us. As usual, coming back home and going to enjoy some gaming, and again driver crash..  I'm a pc user for 25 years, and this is the first time i'm getting upset, since there's no fix regarding driver issues. I'll wait until new driver release, then if things keep going same way, i will return to the gpu to vendor. 

*Always using DDU at safe mode, by the way, and image below it's from latest driver crash just 10 mins ago.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
SeismicForce
Adept III

I've had no issues with this version driver. FPS rates reported after a game are back to normal compared to the previous driver. Not a biggie but does anyone else notice that there is a notification every time saying to press Alt-R to open, even if you clear it?

AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU

Yep, i see that. And i do clean installs.

With Toast Notif... disabled.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Draxirch
Miniboss

I'm grateful that this fixed my issue with Final Fantasy X HD REMASTER now I'm just waiting for an update to fix the nasty display driver timeouts that occur on the Rog Ally with the Epic Games Kingdom Hearts collections.

0 Likes
eispfogel
Adept I

No VSYNC Option after updating to 23.12.1  on 680m and 780m GPUs running Windows 10 and 11.
I need this funktion...it was bad enough that vsync doesn't work with dx9 games(like Dead Space....) but removing this function entirely?

Please bring back vsync and refreshrates option.
Desktop GPU still have that Option like Radeon Enhanced Sync and the normal "Wait for Vertical Refresh" - but the iGPUs don't have that Option anymore

Please bring it back

0 Likes
RomanDmitrievih
Journeyman III

Hello everyone, after installing the driver on 23.12.1 on rx 5700xt 50th anniversary, when opening the amd driver program AMD Software Adrenaline Edition on 23.12.1. and going to the performance tab automatically, the fan speed starts to rise for 30 seconds then drops to the settings value, what could be the problem? why does the fans start turning from 1200 rpm to 1700? at the same time, there seems to be no load, this happens after installing the driver on December 23, which changes the interface, there was no such thing before, if anyone knows what the problem is, tell me.

0 Likes
mechlink
Journeyman III

Anyone else have .jpg and .png images showing distortion after updating to 23.12.1?

screen shot of one photo I have noticed it with.
having the issue with MS paint and MS photo viewer and with Irfview.

image_pixel.png

I tried different setting and it didn't help so I downgraded to 23.11.1 and it fixed my issue.

Yes, actually. I just bought a 7800 XT and did a lot of troubleshooting because Windows Photo Viewer (the legacy one) couldn't display photos at their native resolutions (any zooming in or out was fine). Never been on an AMD GPU before or had the previous drivers, but I noticed after reinstalling that it broke after getting the latest AMD 23.12.1 driver and worked on the second to most recent one.

Though mine was a lot more corrupted than that and it only seemed to affect Windows Photo Viewer; any other viewer was fine. Already sent a report on it with the bug report tool, but it forced me to use the old driver category since it was the one I was using.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

The issues with Kingdom Hearts I seem to have fixed myself somehow.

It seems a driver update is not needed after all.

Thank you for all your support with fixing FINAL FANTASY X though!

0 Likes
oni_k
Adept I

andrenaline will not open up at all! only runs in the background. ive uninstalled and reinstalled. worked with the old version but was not able to open up any games unless i updated. i did it and now adrenaline doesnt wanna open up again but continues to run in the back ground. RX7600S please fix. i dont wanna go back to nvidia i was enjoying this

Draxirch
Miniboss

It seems the display driver time outs do still occur with the PC Kingdom Hearts games, please can this be looked into, also the refresh rate option in Adrenaline 23.12.1 has disappeared, why did this happen?

0 Likes
JensenG13
Adept I

Keep getting crashes (Driver Timeouts) with latest drivers, while gaming. Battlefield 2042, (Always crashing at 1st launch. I have to delete game's Cache folder all the time to make game work), Starfield (Crashing if Alt Tabbed), Sniper Elite 5. Today even Adobe Photoshop, has crashed. Never had a single issue with gpu while bought it. Everything started around October, as soon as i installed newest drivers. Even switched back to Windows 10. Nothing. Keep getting D.Timeouts. At least, performance is rock solid in many demanding games. 

Please ADM GPU dev team, you should test a lot of games, before release drivers in public. At least test games which always produce Timeouts, such the ones people mentioned here. 

Adobe.PNG

eefreeth
Adept I

Warframe crashes with this update DX12 diag in crashes with this update

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

20231212_152321.jpg

I mean just look at all these Display Driver crashes I've had with Kingdom Hearts, absolutely ridiculous.

I've had no less than 200 Driver Timeouts by trying to test for crashes.

AMD please fix this. Its horrendous how bad and unstable KH1.5+2.5 HD Remix is on the Ally.

EDIT: Bring back Vsync, it should never have been removed.

Draxirch
Miniboss

Hopefully display driver timeouts might be on a priority since so many users are reporting the display driver issues?

I can only hope the January Adrenaline Driver update might bring some good news for us all. (That is IF they do an update in January...)

Hoping the same. I'm tired of this. I'm about to return gpu, and go back to nvidia, honestly.. Not even 3 months gpu, and crashing after crashing, in almost every games.

0 Likes
turkbey
Journeyman III

As a result of the software update, Need for Speed Heat, which I play every day, stutters and experiences momentary delays.

0 Likes
farske
Adept II

World of Warcraft DX12 crashses.

WoW DX11 has frametime restarts.

DCS World has stutters,

Chivalry 2 has stutters.

0 Likes
LiDAF
Adept II

I also notice a another weird thing that sometimes when i turn on pc the white led (VGA led indicator for mobo) remains still on after booted into desktop.

0 Likes
jordan12133
Journeyman III

First few days with decent AMD gear.. constant driver timeouts while gaming, browsing, or just doing absolutely nothing.

'Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.'

Incredibly disappointed to spend so much money and be greeted with such an incapacitating issue. Not good for reputation.

0 Likes

I get that with Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix, I've given up playing it until AMD issue a driver fix as the crashing is just way too consistent and annoying 

0 Likes

1. DL the November driver (23.11.1) and the unplug the lan cable (disable inet connection)

2. clean with DDU (display driver uninstaller -> guru3d.com = display driver uninstaller download )

3. then install Adrenalin 23.11.1 (WHQL Recommended)

the actual windows update (win version) + the 23.12.1 driver cause's a lot of problem's 
two companys who need to spend more money for software/driver dev's....

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W
0 Likes

Hello, good evening!

I'm having an issue with the graphics card and would like to know how to resolve it. I installed the latest AMD graphics card drivers (directly from the official website, and even tried older versions), and it prompts for a restart. However, when I restart, it powers up, displays video, but shortly afterward, it stops and says there is no signal. When I try to enter the BIOS and Windows recovery mode, it initializes but without the installed software. Without the software, it displays video normally, but I can't use it for games or other more specific tasks. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

AMD I'll level with you but if you do not offer updates on whether or not these driver timeouts will be fixed I will have to start not recommending you to my friends....I can't enjoy my KINGDOM HEARTS HD Remix if you don't fix it..

Fix these issues as a priority because it PLAGUES WORLD OF WARCRAFT, A HUGE MMO!

What say you? Will you oblige us with an update on this? Or will you force me to return my Rog Ally and get something I know will get updates more frequently?

I hope you will give us a great start to 2024 or you'll let us down.... I hope not.

And if the driver timeouts are in the game devs court, we are absolutely screwed as there's no way it will be looked into.

0 Likes
ids
Adept I

Cloning on displays with different refresh rates STILL doesn't work!

It doesn't work since 23.5.2. Please fix.

0 Likes
Guzto
Adept I

I can't change the Voltage at all on my good ol' RX480

• AMD Adrenalin 23.12.1
  • New PC (except GPU) - Windows 11 OS build 22631.2861 (fresh installation)
  • RX 480 (soon to be replaced, but not forgotten)

I can click on 'Overclock GPU', the auto overclock runs for like 30 seconds, then it sets the max Clock Speed to ⨁1373 MHz (I'm assuming that's the max clock speed)

I run the stress test with no issues, temperatures are also more than fine.

Next, I click on custom (Tuning Control), change stuff like fan speed and power limit, and apply with no issues.

Finally, I enable GPU Tuning > Advanced Control and lower only the max voltage from 1150 to 1145, click apply. The driver instantly crashes (screen corruption) then the PC reboots, I see that Adrenalin message about the driver crash(?) and that the "tuning settings were restored because of the unexpected system failure" or something along those lines.

What I tried so far:

1. Uninstalled GPU/Adrenalin and Chipsets drivers
  2. Tried both chipset drivers installer downloaded from AMD and ASRock website -that, for some reason, has newer drivers not available in AMD's website-
  3. Used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode, rebooting when necessary, etc.
0 Likes

I have never seen auto overclocking actually work without causing instability across every manufacturer. Whether it is GPUs amd and nvidia, or CPUs (intel/amd) and motherboards ASUS, Gigabyte,...

It's just not worth the very minor performance gain.

0 Likes

While I usually avoid using it, the auto overclocking is actually working fine here. My problem is the manual overclock (manual tuning) more specifically GPU Tuning > Advanced Control > Voltage(mV).

I did another test, I changed the Voltage(mV) from Automatic to Manual, without changing anything else, so, everything else is set to their default values including the voltage, and when I clicked Apply I got an instant crash followed by a reboot.

0 Likes

BTW, it's not the voltage settings either:
I reinstalled Adrenalin
Enabled Fan Tuning > Advanced Control
Made changes to the Fan Speed/Temp graph
Clicked apply changes, no crash.
Restarted Windows.

Opened Adrenalin and the Tuning was changed, Fan speed was back at 0 RPM so it re-enabled the zero RPM mode by itself. Repeated the test, same issue again.

Then I reset tuning to default, tried to enable the voltage option, the same as the test I did in my previous comment, but now it worked as intended. I could even change the voltage values, apply, with no issues.
Restarted again, no issues, settings were unchanged.

Finally, I enabled Fan Tuning > Advanced Control, made changes to the graph again.
Clicked apply.
PC crashed again.

I noticed that in games, that issue, where the GPU Power/Utilization sometimes drops to like 0 for about 2 seconds, is also back.

I think Adrenalin 23.12.1 is completely broken, at least with my old RX 480.

Edit:
I just rolled back to 23.8.2 and, so far, Adrenalin has been working fine with no crashes, I can change any of the tuning settings with no issues, but they get reset every reboot, so I exported my tuning profile, and now I just import it when necessary.
Pretty annoying.

0 Likes
Yaposha
Journeyman III

On this driver Rocket League work bad (Stuttering) and before 22.5.1. work bad too. (RX 6600)

Works perfectly with Adrenalin 22.5.1.

AMD:  Please try to fix this issue.

0 Likes
farske
Adept II

I monitored my voltage, and gpu useage and clock speeds.

Each time I have a crash my power drops, the clocks drop, the game freezes.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

The driver timeouts in Kingdom Hearts mightve been fixed by disabling MPO and increasing the TDRDelay to 60. Will report back on any more freezes if they still occur.

Update: Nope it still very much happens.

AMD it's all you now. 

0 Likes
TheDropOut
Adept I

Been almost a month of not being able to use my RX 6800 XT because of this driver. Got an old 2060 in my pc currently so I can use my  pc. Loving the black screen driver. AMD did an amazing job with this one. Do they even listen to the people? I email their tech support for days with zero fixes. First time using AMD and at this rate will be the last. 

0 Likes
GollyBobHowdy
Journeyman III

Thus update just bricked my 6950 xt.. I'm getting back screen on both displays, and verified all ports.... started after required reboot. Customer service was kinda rude and unhelpful. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

0 Likes
Viri
Journeyman III

Still having a lot of Driver timeouts during WoW. They only go away when I uninstall Adrenalin and let Windows auto-select a driver, but then other games give problems. Please fix!

0 Likes
mikeasd77
Adept I

After update driver, when i play Alan Wake 2, performance goes down and i've a stutter playing in closed areas.

The solution was downgrade to this driver: https://www.amd.com/es/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-20-17-05-alan-wake-2

When AMD going to release a good driver in 2024?

Regards

Miguel Ángel

0 Likes
Meatpopsikle
Adept II

System spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
MB: ASUS Prime B350-Plus
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz 32GB CAS 16 (4x8GB)
Video: PowerColor Radeon RX 7600 Fighter
Sound: Realtek ALC887
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB (System Drive)
SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 1TB (Game Drive)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (Storage)
DVD Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Power supply: EVGA SuperNova 650 P5
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
Case Fans: Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm x5
Speakers: Kanto YU
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2757-mhd
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM
Headset: Sennheiser Game One
Mic: HyperX SoloCast
Mouse: Logitech G502 SE Hero
Mouse Pad: Logitech G440
Keyboard: Ducky One 2 RGB with CherryMX Silver

Still having driver crashes in games! That is GAMES plural! Finding it hard to enjoy a gaming session with my friends know at any second the drivers are going to crash. The best part is listening to my gaming friends rib me when they're nVidia card runs all day every day with no issues!! My best friend call's me a sucker. I've put my old GTX 1660 Super in and guess what NO ISSUES!! I'm retired IT and have  been building and fixing PC systems for over 30 years. I have ran nVidia cards going back to the first Riva TNT and no issues!! I would much rather give AMD my money then team green. Not a big fan of how they do business. Makes it hard to recommend your GPU's when this is happening to so many people. It breaks my heart cause this GPU kick AZZ! and then driver crashes, woop woop woop.

Please get some talent in your driver programing department so I can stop seeing this:

Log Name: System
Source: Display
Date: 1/12/2024 8:36:25 AM
Event ID: 4101
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: N/A
Description:
Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Display" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-01-12T16:36:25.9897515Z" />
<EventRecordID>90276</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="7932" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Overlord</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>amduw23g</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

0 Likes
Meatpopsikle
Adept II

Log Name: System
Source: Display
Date: 1/12/2024 9:47:40 AM
Event ID: 4101
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: N/A
Description:
Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Display" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-01-12T17:47:40.7233279Z" />
<EventRecordID>90283</EventRecordID>