cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

community_moderator
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 driver release notes.

New Feature Highlights

New Game Support

NEW AMD Software UI Redesign –The Home and Gaming tab have undergone a UI redesign in this latest update of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition.

• HYPR-RX profiles can now be enabled easily on a global basis, or per-game on the Home Tab; additionally, games on the Home tab now will display key art for a more vibrant experience
  • When users go to the Graphics section within the Gaming tab, they will be able to learn more about specific features in each HYPR-RX profile by clicking on individual features to display a content block that contains more information about what benefits each feature enables
  • Now when you view your performance metrics in AMD Software, you can choose to customize elements such as the background or text colors, default enabled metrics through profiles, as well as select options such as showing the metrics overlay only while a game is open.

Introducing: AMD HYPR-RX Eco – designed with power savings in mind, when HYPR-RX Eco is enabled, AMD Software will enable a suite of features for gamers to experience power savings with one click

• HYPR-RX Eco will launch initially with support for Radeon 7000 Series graphics support and RDNA 3 platforms

Expanded OpenGL Interop Support - AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 expands support for FRTC, Radeon™ Super Resolution, Overlay, Record and Stream features to OpenGL games.

Additional OS Feature Support

• Support for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling for Radeon RX 7900/7800/7700 series GPUs. Click HERE for more information.

Additional SDK Support

• Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click HERE for more information.

AI and Machine Learning

• DirectML improvements and optimizations for Topaz AI and DaVinci Resolve on AMD Radeon RX 600M, 700M, 6000, and 7000 series graphics. 

Fixed Issues

• Improvements to high idle power when using select dual monitor display setups with mixed resolutions and high refresh rate displays (such as 1440p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz or 2160p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent micro-stuttering may be experienced when running Chromium-based browsers on systems that pair a Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPU with a secondary display connected to an AMD Ryzen™ 7000 series processor.
  • Stars may intermittently fail to appear while playing Crysis Remastered.
  • Certain textures may become invisible while playing Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent corruption may be observed on the racetrack while playing EA Sports WRC.
  • Intermittent stutter while playing Overwatch 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XTX.

Known Issues

• Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
  • Intermittent grey screen after driver upgrade with certain monitors (such as Nixeus NX-EDG274K) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Performance drop may be observed in some light DirectML workloads.
  • Graphics API metric may show as N/A in certain UWP applications.
  • Intermittent flickering of certain ground textures may be observed while playing War Thunder with 4x SAAA enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.

Important Notes

• Starting in January, AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver releases will no longer support AMD Link. This move will allow AMD to put more focus on developers with our SDKs such as the AMD Advanced Media Framework that allow them to enable streaming functionality within their solutions. Gamers can continue to use AMD Link until then. Click HERE for more information.
  • Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation. issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.
  • For users who previously installed an AMD Software insider preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Graphics profiles and performance metrics setting mays may be adjusted after upgrading from previous AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver versions. Users experiencing issues may use the settings reset option in either the graphics or performance metrics page to recover to default settings.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 23.12.1, use the tag FORUM-23-12-1-GAMER56

92 Replies
rguerrero1984
Adept II

Why RX 7600 was not included?
"Support for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling for Radeon RX 7900/7800/7700 series GPUs"

0 Likes

NVIDIA GPUs are non-chiplet-based for example and they have support

0 Likes

It's not about being chiplet based - it's about the fact that 7600 is technically more RDNA2 than RDNA3. And they obviously focus on more expensive chips.

There is nothing not letting AMD to enable HAGS on RDNA2 - but I don't suspect they'll do it.

HAGS simply does not bring much to RDNA2 at least according to AMD Support:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/for-the-nth-time-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-o...

And RX 7600s N33 is closer to N2x than N31/33.

It is simple, it's once again a lack of proper communication. They also could simply make it available in a beta branch, but that eats resources.

0 Likes

Even if so - why not enable it? Not that I would care, but it kind of sends a bad message.

Agree. They have been releasing several features for RX 7000 series GPUs but now even in the same spot they are splitting functionality.

MadzterX
Journeyman III

It is crashing as soon as I enter "Record and Stream" mode. And now I can't re-enter to Adrenalin due to constant crashing as it seems it is starting on the same tab.

Please fix it. Thanks.

0 Likes

I have a 7900XTX, all stock values, on a 7800X3D, 64GB Ram.

0 Likes
monguru
Adept I

0 Likes
mo44
Adept I

Finally have Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling support on the non Microsoft Store driver but not for the 6000 series?

radosuaf
Adept II

That's great but... When do we get FSR3 in CP2077? Will you finally improve FSR upscaling quality?

0 Likes

Ask the game Devs for CP2077,

fsr3 games.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
rguerrero1984
Adept II

it has nothing to do with my question. Give me any link where it says about the relation between "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling" and "chiplet based"???

0 Likes

There is no relation - that is about 7600 being quite different to the rest of the 7000 series lineup.

Alucard_Zero
Journeyman III

I feel seriously scammed that RX7600 is out of GPU scheduling.
The card is just 6 months old,no excuses can be made for not finding a solution to add it.
I'm just on my 3rd month on Team Red after 20 years or so with NVIDIA,and you making it SO HARD for me to keep finding reasons to like AMD.
I start to think i made a big mistake going Red...

p.s 1 : Its December already,and we still expecting a wider range for FSR3.

p.s 2 : When are we gonna get Fluid Frames on stable driver version? 23.30.xx whenever i use them,they give me black screen and crashing.

You should have bought either 6650 XT or 6700 non-XT :). I got the 6700, great card. I was thinking of 7600 but gave up after initial reviews.

0 Likes
winjer
Adept I

Why is there no support for HAGS, on the 6000 series? 

Are these GPUs already deprecated?

Because HAGS does nothing to improve performance on 6000 series GPUs so there's no point in enabling it.

0 Likes
archost
Adept I

I just got 7900 XTX today. Sadly it seems idle power usage with more than 2 monitors are not fixed. VMEM clock stays at 2.5GHz, and idle power usage is 100W.

Somewhat if two monitors are connected on DP-0 and DP-1 looks fine but DP-2 or HDMI triggers this problem.

Edit: Previously used RTX 3090. And 3090 were okay with the exact same setup. Even RX 5500XT has no issue but 7900XTX.

They say they fixed it but literally didnt. I posted it here and they delete the comment.

So that`s the last AMD GPU for me... but i guess amd will not care less.

0 Likes

Do you have one of the permutations listed for resolution and frequency?

0 Likes
Arght
Adept I

Please add to known issues:

- RX 7800 XT.  AMD Eyefinity Pro not support Fit and Expand. Only Fill is available.

And by that what I want to say is that you can't use more than one monitor. This is a critical bug and you don't even try to fix it. I feel hella scammed. That was only one option I really use, because I have configuration with three differents monitors.

Even on my older polaris was supported...

PythonCoderPro
Challenger

Will this work for my set up? listed down below:

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes
stukad
Adept I

Still can't run DayZ with my 6700 xt. FPS and gpu utilization is all over the place, 50-300FPS. When in the forest/outside cities the GPU goes loud and fans can be heard spinning, the GPU runs nice but as soon as you get near a town the GPU goes dead silent and the FPS dips down into the 60-70s and stays there until you turn your back against the city.. It's like your GPUs only works for 50% of the game. Any ETA on a fix? I know you guys have said it's been fixed but I'd like to use fresh drivers and not be stuck with year old drivers, currently using 21.11.3. There are threads all over this forum describing the exact same issues.

My 1070 could run DayZ just fine but a GPU released 5 years later can't even get a stable +100fps. It's bizarre!

0 Likes
kyton
Adept III

I have noticed that my 7800xt still spikes past max boot clock speed to over 2630mhz with these drivers. Have to manually tune to 2565mHz.

Also gpu usage bounces around 95 to 97% in games. Never constant 100%.  Preview drivers was fine for this part.

0 Likes
JensenG13
Adept I

This is my very first, and also the last time buying AMD GPU. Bought an brand new Rx 7900, JUST a month ago, and so far, nothing but problems. Driver crashes after crashes. Tried like 20 different drivers, and nothing. Today installed latest, and so far, 3 games i tried (Battlefield 2042, Sniper Elite 5, Tiny Tina's Wonderland), all of the three games, crashed with Driver Timeout. This is a joke. 1100e wasted for nothing, and i don't even return the card, since problem is from AMD's software. 

AMD.PNG

You did use DDU in Safe Mode before installing the latest drivers, didn't you?

0 Likes
Future_Mike
Journeyman III

Asus Strix G513QY notebook:
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics
- AMD Radeon RX 6800M GDDR6 @ 12GB (384000 GByte/s)

Brightness control still broken. No point in looking into it further. Rolled back to 23.9.1.

0 Likes
bosherman
Journeyman III

This update made my 7900xtx idle power draw more than 5x higher than previous.

Before update 4k 120hz + 1440p 60hz - 11 w idle

After update 4k 120hz + 1440p 60hz - 60 w idle

Switching between different refresh rates does not decrease this, only increases it. please fix this

0 Likes
doomcreeper
Adept III

At least in the game Warhammer: 40000 darktide performance has dropped compared to the previous driver.

0 Likes
MoMoPwnTu
Journeyman III

Hey Guys,

i have the new Driver 23.12.1 for my GPU 7900xtx Red Devil Limited Edition. I can see that the Driver is not fixing the Idle Power for this Gpu is it still only at 95-100w on idle. I need help to fix this or is it able to fix it actually ?  Thanks for any help

kyton
Adept III

Found a bug with these drivers and the new AfMF driver. Vram will idle at 909mhz on my 7800xt.

when i close steam it will the drop to a low Mhz

was fine with the AFMF November drivers

Spit_69
Journeyman III

Hi, 

Could you add Forza Motorsport(Microsoft version) as a game when you scan your games please, thanks a lot .  

0 Likes
LiDAF
Adept II

''Intermittent stutter while playing Overwatch 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XTX.''

Idk about overwatch 2 but im getting micro stuttering and frame freeze in valorant now after this update on 6700 XT. This happens if full install driver. In order to avoid it gotta install it minimal. I just wish amd and valorant devs work together and fix this issue for once and for all. Not just this driver but every adrenalin driver causes some issue with valorant. What i feel like when playing is frame feels choppy and input latency feels high when taking the shot at enemy, even tho i get frame rate 400+. One another thing i noticed in game stats is frame time spikes, Not trying to roast but i didn't had any weird issues like this when using GTX 1080. idk who's fault was it windows 11, Valorant or AMD? I even disabled SAM to get me smooth exp. SAM is fine when playing story mode games but worse when playing valorant, I just wish Radeon team and Valorant devs work together and make the game smooth.

Specs:

MOBO: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) (5003 bios)

CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB RS 32GB 3200Mhz CL16

GPU: ROG Strix RX 6700 XT OC Edition 12GB (Running AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1)

PSU: SEASONIC FOCUS+ 650W GOLD FULL MODULAR

Display: ASUS VG279Q 27" 144Hz 1080p.

0 Likes

I have an update regarding this issue. So i recently formatted pc and installed windows 10 Pro 22H2. So i still had issues with this update afterwards. But one thing fixed all the issues. TURNING OFF ''EnableUlps'' In Registry Editor. I'm starting to think now that every update is messing up with stuttering on AMD GPU because of this. To disable.

1. Open Registry Editor

2.  On top navigation ''Edit'' click ''Find'' Type ''Ulps'' wait for search to end.

3. double click ''EnableUlps'' change 1 from to 0, click ok and close registry editor. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE.

4. Other things you can do is such as clear shader cache in amd panel and then put windows power plan to high performance and then restart the pc.

When you run the game for first time it'll feel like stuttering but let shader sync and catch up. but after that stuttering never occur. But keep in mind. This ''EnableUlps'' keeps reverting to enabled every time you update amd radeon driver. so each time you need to manually disable from registry editor.

0 Likes
Mirk44
Adept I

Lots of stuttering with this update on Elden Ring, went back to 23.11.1.

I've tried the new preview update also but on top of the stuttering from the integrated 23.12.1 update i get also lots of screen tearing.

CPU: 5800X3D

GPU: Sapphire 7900XT

0 Likes
currywurst67
Journeyman III

As soon as installed a black screen crash in the game Snowrunner happened. After installing the previous version (23.11.1) everything works great again (RX 7800XT)

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

How does including our forum name in bug reports with this driver help us here?

0 Likes