cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gondes
Journeyman III

AMD smart access memory can't be disabled

Hi there, why I cant turning off  Smart Access Memory in the newest driver 24.1.1 ?

every time I try to disabling SAM and then restarting PC its return to enabled again, no matters how many attempts to disabling SAM it's always enabled.
In the previous driver version, SAM can be disabled without a problem. I'm asking this because Forza horizon 5 runs very poorly when the SAM is enabled, and I always turning off SAM but the resizable BAR is still enabled, if I'm turning off the resizable BAR from bios menu then every games runs very bad and it's not even playable

im using: Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6600, Gigabyte AB350m gaming3Screenshot (202).png

0 Likes
2 Replies
alige360
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same problem but in reverse, with the new driver SAM cannot be activated in AMD software, but in the bios it does appear as active, I have tried to deactivate it and activate it again and reinstall the new driver but SAM does not appear activated in AMD software, I have gone back to the previous driver and everything works correctly. Someone at AMD hasn't done their job well with this new driver... My system: B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 9 3900x, 6900xt Aorus Master 32gb ram ddr4 3200 cl16

0 Likes
Sync_I
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, any ideas ? Not only I disabled SAM in Radeon drivers, I also disabled the Above 4G Decoding and ReBar Support in BIOS and it keeps turning on after restart in Radeon Driver.

R5 5500, Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2, RX 6650 XT

0 Likes