cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

StuShoots
Journeyman III

AMD Security Devices

Hi, Just booted up my PC and checked for Windows 11 updates and noticed it had automatically installed AMD SecurityDevices - 5.30.00 without me doing so. It now wants me to restart! I was always told to install AMD drivers through AMD Adrenalin only! Think I did it once before and it screw up the system!! Is there a way to uninstall this?

Many Thanks,

StuShoots.

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Go to the AMD Driver and Support page and search for your motherboard chipset drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

Chipset drivers don't have an auto-update feature so you will need to download and install those manually.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

Windows had already installed as I said! Everything you've said is irelivent and does not answer my question! Thanks anyway!

0 Likes
michaljordan
Journeyman III

If you want to uninstall the AMD SecurityDevices - 5.30.00 update, you can do so by going to the Windows Settings menu. Navigate to “Update & Security,” then to “View update history,” and select “Uninstall updates.” Look for the AMD update in the list and choose to uninstall it. After removing it, you can reboot your PC and then reinstall drivers through AMD Adrenalin to ensure compatibility and stability. It’s often safer to manage drivers through official sources like AMD Adrenalin, as you mentioned, to avoid any potential issues.

0 Likes