cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

AMD Ryzen Master

Hello, i recently got a AMD Ryzen 5600x on a B550M-A prime motherboard. I wanted to install all the software and drivers and i cant install AMD-Ryzen-Master. Every time i wanna install "amd-ryzen-master.exe" it opens a pop up wich sais:

"AND Ryzen Master Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, wich will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait.

Extracting: AMD Ryzen Master.msi"

After this "Extracting" process is done, it just closes and nothing happens.

So this is the last thing i see before it closing.

Screenshot (2).png

I definetly downloaded it from the right source (from the AMD website), i even downloaded it another time to see if the first download corrupted. Restarting doesnt work, i even was on Vacation for a week and now it still doesnt work. Does anyone have an idea how i can fix this and install AMD Ryten Master?

Thanks to Anyone helping or trying to help.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
12 Replies

Try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool (Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to install Ryzen Master and see if it install correctly.

If not then use the same tool to remove all Non-Graphics AMD Drivers and then run Ryzen Master again.

You can download Ryzen Master for both Win 10/11 for your processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-5...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for ur fast Reply, i didnt even look for a reply that fast because i thought itll take a few days. Sadly none of those ways work. I uninstalled Ryzen Master using this tool, and then installing it again, but it doesnt work. I uninstalled every other amd driver and then installing it sadly also didnt work. 

can you post your PC information including Make & Model of your Motherboard, CPU, GPU, Windows and Chipset version you trying to install.

You should have a AMD Ryzen Master installation folder created at C:\AMD. You can use Device Manager to manually update all the drivers by directing Device Manager to look in the Ryzen Master Installaton folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an Asus B550M-A Prime Motherboard,

Corsair Vengeance LPX DSR4 3200MHz Ram,

AMD Ryzen 5600x CPU,

AMD Radeon RX 6500xt

and Windows 10 64-bit.

If anything is missing that u need then please let me know.

I actually dont know how to exactly do that with the device manager. Ik hoe to update it and choose location, but do i have to click in my processor and do it for every displaying core or where should i do that?

Edit: i just looked in the AMD/RyzenMasterExtraction folder a bit closer and in the file RMEExtraction.txt in line 759 it said "Windows Installer Installed the Prudoct. Product name bla bla " but if i open amd software adrenaline edition i cant overclock my cpu or controll it at all anf it tells me to install ryzen master.

If it installed correctly you should have an AMD Ryzen Master folder in your Start menu.

Make sure you have the most up to date BIOS and chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Check Control Panel, Programs and Features and see if AMD Ryzen Master shows up in Installed Programs. If it does try Uninstalling it, then restart and re-run the installation.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all thanks for your help so far, but bcs windows sucks and recently completly destroyed my both usb sticks (and the only way ik of updating my bios is with a usb stick) so ims do that later that day.

But first ima go to sleep cuz i live in germany and its alr 1am in the night.

Have a nice day or night idk

Thanks for the info. Nope that is sufficient.

Are there any errors showing in Device Manager?  That would indicate missing or corrupt drivers in your PC?

Sorry I was getting confused with AMD CHIPSET and RYZEN MASTER on your thread. Needed to delete my entire reply. (-:

Please download the latest AMD CHIPSET and run the installer to install all the drivers I accidentally had you uninstall using the MS Install/Uninstall Tool. That suggestion was related to AMD CHIPSET and not Ryzen Master: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

No harm is done because Device Manager would automatically install the drivers again after rebooting but I would still install the latest AMD CHIPSET to update all of your Motherboard's AMD Drivers.

But the MS Install/Uninstall Tool is still useful to Ryzen Master installation issues.

Here is AMD Ryzen Master under your CPU 5600X: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-5...

Here is AMD Ryzen Master for general Download non-specific processor: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Which of the two links above did you download Ryzen Master from?

EDIT: It seems like something is interfering or in conflict with Ryzen Master installation. Try running your Windows in Safe Mode and see if you can install Ryzen Master in Safe Mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no errors showing in Device Manager at all.

And dont worry that happens to everyone

But i actually tried both of em but the latest on i tried (like half an hour ago) was the processor specific one for the 5600x

Glad to hear no error in Device Manager.

Uninstall Ryzen Master using the MS Install/Uninstall Tool and then boot into safe mode. See if Ryzen Master will install in Safe Mode or not.

Since Safe Mode disables all 3rd party apps is less chance of conflict or interference.

Truthfully, not sure if Ryzen Master installation will run in Safe Mode or not. But no harm trying though.

I remember one User was able to fix a Ryzen Master issue by doing a CMOS CLEAR or setting BIOS back to its factory defaults.  If you do that if the above doesn't work you can configure your RAM and other settings but leave all CPU related settings at default. See if Ryzen Master will now install.

Otherwise I am out of suggestions and I would open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks i will try that in a bit, i didnt change much in the bios, but could be worth a try. Thank you alot for your help even if this wont work. I hope u have a great day

Same to you.

I was trying to find a previous version of Ryzen Master but there are any to download from AMD download page.

I was thinking that maybe the latest version might be having issues with your PC but a previous version may not.

Truska26
Journeyman III

Hello!

I have the same problem, still no fix?

Just bought a new pc, after reinstalling the windows ryzen master do not work anymore. So sad.

0 Likes