Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tansoftware
Adept II

AMD Ryzen™ 7 - 7840u Adrenaline Drivers

Hi There,

Many handheld manufacturers (Ayaneo, OneXplayer, AOKZOE, and GPD) are launching their latest gaming handheld devices this month which leverage the AMD 7840u APU + Radeon 780m, but I can't seem to find any Adrenaline drivers supporting this new APU.

Where can we find Adrenaline drivers for the AMD Ryzen 7840u APU ?

Appreciate your kind help and assistance please.

Thanks.

137 Replies
barry7
Adept I

I have the same issue, can AMD provide a new driver for Ryzen 9 7940HS? Thank you.

Have the buyers of the Phoenix series become electronic orphans?

eispfogel
Adept I

I bought a Beelink GTR7 Pro 7940HS
But the provided driver is from april 2023 and it crashes several games and apps with that driver, or i have graphical issues in Emulators which were not present on my 6900HX with an 680M iGPU.

Why is AMD doing this? Without proper drivers i just have an expensive paper weight
And i don't think that Beelink is capable of providing current drivers constantly on their own.

Please please provide drivers AMD! Such a great product, but without drivers....it's not usable.

weirdol
Adept I

the same situation: I have a beelink 7480HS, but there are problems in games, I observe unstable PC operation, Adobe products do not work as they should. 

Beelink is waiting for drivers from the AMD manufacturer to make their own based on them.
But there are NO deadlines for the release of the AMD driver

REALLY AMD23.png

Now Framework is releasing 7840 / 7940 / 780M laptops, hopefully we see iGPU driver update soon

eispfogel
Adept I

But why would that change anything? Framework is just another Manufacturer and they too will most certainly only use the april driver as a base.

sorry, but this is about something else )) Framework is a set of libraries from AMD manufacturer, PC manufacturers make drivers and BIOS based on it. We are waiting for the OEM drivers to be updated

michaelBhavel
Journeyman III

Dont get your hopes up. We are awaiting rdna three HDR fix on samsung Tvs for six months and AMD Matts simplest reply in 6 months turned into that it works as intented. Theyre worst organisation ever who dont do a single factor apart from force products out so they can earn money. Non running product, not running functions and no one operating on them. Their tactic is to disregard hassle untill people give up.

0 Likes
eispfogel
Adept I

I don't understand what you wrote im afraid. alexandernadem is talking about Framework:

https://frame.work/gb/en

And they too have to use the base driver from april. They too will have to rely on AMD to provide drivers - just like anybody else. 

hmm. We are all expecting a framework like the new AGESA for the 7040 series)) and here we are talking about the vendor "framework". Sorry

Great news

0 Likes
eispfogel
Adept I

Woohoo

avorontsov90
Adept I

avorontsov90_0-1690339078730.png

Could you please run the 3DMark Time Spy and the Firestrike benchmark and post the results? I would be very grateful.

okay, tonight i run it

Thank you sooo much. 

Thank you for your effort. With the official driver I was hoping that the GPU performance would increase. Unfortunately the opposite is the case. For comparison, the Notebookcheck test for the Beelink GTR7 Mini-PC (2023-07-02):

https://www.notebookcheck.com/AMD-Ryzen-7-7840HS-Performance-Debuet-Beelink-GTR7-Mini-PC-im-Test.732...

Time Spy Score 

Time Spy Score: 3274

Graphics Score: 2910

CPU Score: 11291

avorontsov90, can you tell me what kind of system you use?

How can I attach images?

beelink GTR7 7840hs

8gb dedicated vram

avorontsov90_0-1690457461230.png

avorontsov90_1-1690457472486.png

To upload image just click this or just ctrl-v

avorontsov90_2-1690457517023.png

weirdol
Adept I

Updated the driver via AMD's website.

The video driver has been updated, version 23.7.2.

Problems with Adobe products have gone away.

Temperatures decreased in idle time and in the load on the CPU and memory (Beelink GTR7).

At the moment, I do not observe unstable work as before.

I have a GPD WIN Max 2 2023 with a 7840 APU. With the latest driver, the GPU is recognised as 760M and leads to crashes in games.

New drivers cause new problems.

I hope that the problems that arise will be registered by the support.

Do you have problems with the GPU detection / recognition?

no.

the video adapter was detected correctly

I have problems with gpu detection, yesterday I installed the new drivers from amd and in device manager it says : amd radeon graphics and it has only 512mb of vram, and when I try to run csgo it runs at 13fps, my cpu is 7840hs

Does masking, backround detection, denoise and others AI tools works in Lightroom? I'm still have the same crashing problem with beelink gtr 7

50Nighthawk
Adept I

The new drivers made no difference for me, I have a victus 16 with r7 7840hs, on device manager I can only see (amd radeon graphics) it doesnt say radeon 780m and when I disabled my rtx 4060 and tried to run csgo it ran at 13fps apparently the 780m isnt working properly with these new drivers...

What a pity. As I said, I was hoping that a new driver would reveal the potential of the APU (especially the 780M GPU). I think AMD tightened the drivers with the hot needle to keep their promises to OEMs. We will probably have to wait for further updates until the driver works properly.

These drivers tank performance on nearly all handheld 7840U devices (Aokzoe, GPD and Aya Neo). There is a weird bug that locks GPU clocks to 800mhz in games, resulting in massive performance loss. @Matt_AMD can you please feedback these issues to your driver team? For a release driver these are some of the worst I have seen!

0 Likes

In my experience, I seem to be getting application instability with this new driver. Everything installed normally but third party applications in FL Studio are crashing, 7840HS / 780M

50Nighthawk
Adept I

Guys if anyone is still having problems on r7 7840hs and r9 7940hs try switching your MUX Switch to Hybrid instead of Discrete graphics, in discrete mode the integrated gpu is turned off by the BIOS 

ayaxiaoa
Adept I

我以前从未见过这样对待消费者的产品。每个人都期望的驱动程序更新将导致许多错误。显然,没有测试或支持。只是它可以简单地安装。太令人失望了

pegg
Adept I

Hi, fron the site is available

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-processors-radeon-graphics/amd-r...

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition
Revision Number
Adrenalin 23.7.2 (WHQL Recommended)
File Size    625 MB
Release Date   7/25/2023

0 Likes

This driver no longer supports the 780m. They launched it, then subsequently removed support to the 780m because 23.7.2 was such a disaster for Phoenix APUs. AMD are a complete joke.

Exactly, AMD has to develop a specific driver for these APUs

0 Likes
Ramenonibi
Journeyman III

Hoping the ROG Ally will have driver support as Monster Hunter Rise constantly gets a DX12 fatal error.

Seems to be related to drivers from what people are saying.

Draxis
Adept I

Bump for visibility since this is the official thread for this issue and it hasn't been updated in over a week. Any word from AMD on an ETA for official working 780M drivers?

I've got a shrinking window in which to return my 7840U device and I'd really like to have a stable experience before deciding to keep it or not.

Draxis
Adept I

Same. I've been playing Remnant 2 on my 7840U device running the non-AMD drivers supplied by the device manufacturer. I get periodic Unreal Engine crashes once about every hour.

Better than the "official" drivers from AMD that were released last month, at least. With those I wouldn't even make it 5 minutes without a crash.

Here's hoping this month's drivers resolve the issue, but AMD has been absolutely silent on the matter. They even quietly removed the broken 780M support from the last drivers without making any kind of statement. So, I'm not holding my breath. Really hoping it gets resolved or a statement is made soon, though. The window for returning my 7840U device is closing quickly and I definitely don't want it if the driver support isn't there.

edocaprio
Adept I

Same here with Lightroom and Photoshop. My PC is sitting there for more than a month and cant use it.

In a about a week AMD is making  me move to Apple