Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tansoftware
Adept II

AMD Ryzen™ 7 - 7840u Adrenaline Drivers

Hi There,

Many handheld manufacturers (Ayaneo, OneXplayer, AOKZOE, and GPD) are launching their latest gaming handheld devices this month which leverage the AMD 7840u APU + Radeon 780m, but I can't seem to find any Adrenaline drivers supporting this new APU.

Where can we find Adrenaline drivers for the AMD Ryzen 7840u APU ?

Appreciate your kind help and assistance please.

Thanks.

137 Replies

Is there anything we can do to get AMD's attention? There is no official personnel who is aware of this problem and trying to fix it. Please don't let consumers regret choosing AMD! Delay no more, AMD! (Sorry for the swearing, but if you don't fix it, users would definitely give you an "up yours". )

axl1312
Adept I

Please Amd staff. Answer us!!!!

avorontsov90
Adept I

I am messaging with beelink support about my minipc with 7840hs, and the support says official amd driver will be about 15 July.

Lol this feels like the first possible break in this case??? I’m just dumbfounded by the lack of response from AMD 

tansoftware
Adept II

So we managed to get our hands on a version of Adrenaline drivers released on May 28th, 2023 that is nowhere to be found on AMD's website. I find this extremely odd. Why are we having to obtain AMD Adrenaline drivers from non-official channels ? Why can't these drivers be posted here for everyone to use ?

For anyone looking to use the new drivers v22.40.62, you can download them from the link below:

https://we.tl/t-Rhslwn2RGh 

There is no gaurantee those will run on all Phoenix-based APUs, but they do work for the AMD Ryzen 7 - 7840u APU + the AMD Radeon 780M iGPU.

Again, AMD customers should not have to embark on an adventure filled with mysteries and unknowns to obtain AMD Adrenaline drivers for their devices. I don't believe this is part of AMD's customer experience model.

@Matt_AMDcan you please post this driver in the drivers section for the Ryzen 7 - 7840u ?

hey, thanks for the driver provided. but, I have encountered error 205, and tried many ways to fix it. Unfortunately, none of them work. Just wonder if you encounter the same issue ? I'm running this driver on aokzoe a1 pro. 

Got to device management. Drop down display adapters. Right click on the adapter, it’s most likely a windows driver, then choose update driver. Don’t do a search for driver but instead choose browse computer for drivers and choose AMD Radeon 780m graphics. Then restart. You should be able to install without issue now. 

Unfortunately. It doesn't work for me. Any other ways to fix it? Would appreciate your help.

It's worked for me finally; thanks a lot!

kurosawa
Adept I

@Matt_AMD  Why have you not responded to any of our pings on here? There obviously is an issue given so many in this thread have asked for drivers? The least you can do is provide an update, even if that update is "I don't know what is going on with the drivers, but I'll ask and get back to you."

I provided an update earlier in the thread if you look back on page two. As soon as I have any further update to share, I'll update the thread.

请解决问题,而不是提供无意义的响应。

0 Likes

Sorry, I can't find the update you mentioned. When is the release date of the official driver for 7040 series? 

Why does AMD not support 7840U, but want to release and sell this processor?!!!! Please support providing drivers that support 7840U processors!

You keep saying that and it’s really frustrating because I can’t find anything that would be called an “update”.

Would you mind doing a copy and paste of the text so we know what post is this update?

0 Likes
DiabloSouls
Adept III

@Matt_AMD  how about update on hdr thread that u are activly ignoring for last 2 and a half months??

0 Likes

What a shame, we need drivers, still waiting on new drivers from AMD for 7840HS / 780M

HaSi
Adept I

People are getting desperate, more and more devices with 7840/7940HS processors have been recently released (Beelink GTR7, GMKTec NukBox K4) or are scheduled to be released in the coming days and weeks (Minisforum UM790 PRO), and AMD still doesn't have official drivers for the RNA3 APU?!? AMD, it would be nice to have a more honest and open communication about this. It's clear that there is 'something' wrong, but currently, everyone who owns or wants to order this APU is left guessing about the exact cause or problem.

Exactly! I'm currently with Beelink PC and Lightroom keeps crashing on all AI tools (masking, subject detection, backround detection, denoise ecc.).

As full time commercial photographer I cannot deliver final jobs to clients!

Hey AMD, we're still waiting patiently for new drivers for 7840 (780m)

XPJX
Adept I

AMD been a use for several years now. This is unacceptable. If you launch a product you need to have working drivers and support for it. Love your products but please work to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Hey AMD, we're still patiently waiting for new drivers, come on brothers and sisters, we want to continue to support your great hardware, just give us an update at least

humble request

fahdriyami
Adept II

I posted about this for the Z1 Extreme too. It really is very frustrating to be stuck using outdated drivers, even on ROG Ally.

• The latest Radeon driver for the Ally: 22.40.58.04
  • The latest Radeon driver for supported products: 23.10.01.45

The Ally drivers were released by AMD for supported products back in June 2023, so they are a month out of date as of the time of writing, and without the latest game optimizations.

I really hope AMD starts supporting these APUs officially, so we get all the latest game optimizations the same day AMD releases updated graphics drivers.

LeoFitz
Adept II

Constant waiting feels terrible. Already sold my PC. Good luck, AMD. 

XPJX
Adept I

I really hope they launch them soon, would love to be able to use rsr with this thing. It’s a beast! 

I can imagine. RSR is an absolute game changer on the Ally, and it will be on other handhelds too.

0 Likes
edocaprio
Adept I

anyone has news? still can't work properly with lightroom and photoshop.. keeps crashing every time.

I’ve seen numerous other threads where Matt refers to this thread, and in this one too referring to a post that presumably details the current situation. If it’s there I’m most definitely missing it.

Not even a confirmation it’s in development (one certainly expects it would be so normally you’d say), no projected release date, no apology or reason for the delay.

Heck not even a disingenuous attempt to claim all these disparate manufacturers should be addressing the multitude of bugs and issues themselves.

Thus far not even an acknowledgement of the issue, just a lot of disgruntled replies as if there was something posted here which gave anyone waiting on these drivers any insight into the situation whatsoever.

Any update? Still waiting for drivers for Ryzen 7840HS, why can't it be simple like Nvidia?

weirdol
Adept I

This is a very strange situation.
The product has been released for a long time, but there is absolutely no way to use it without the correct drivers.

I am very disappointed in AMD's work, although I have always been loyal to this company.

Dear AMD support, when will the driver release for 7480H?

XPJX
Adept I

I hope we get it before the end of the month! 

Any updates?

0 Likes
stevenvhb
Adept I

Unacceptable..

REALLY AMD23.png

Bro this is gold

@Matt_AMD Please be aware of the gravity of the situation. Without driver support, phoenix is no better than an immature, little bird. We appreciate the Zen4 architecture because it's powerful and efficient, but it's meaningless if we have problems that only proper driver can fix unfixed for a long time. Stalling, procrastinating and making excuses are never what a big company like AMD should do. But the truth is, you have been doing it for months. Pretending that everything is fine, distancing and evading responsibility are not going to work. AMD, you really should fix the problems before it's too late. Before you use your own conduct to tell customers that it's better not to choose AMD. Or not to choose iGPU based on RDNA3 specifically?

Here are the swearings. Delay no more, AMD!(This is a swearing, trust me.) We really need the ****ing driver! Why release a ****ing product that you are not gonna support? You keep telling us to ask the OEMs, but you ****ing know that it's not OEM-specific! 

Thanks for bringing up the driver issue! And warning other consumers about this practice!

I was hyped for 780M for its good performance at low power consumption.

Obviously it is garbage without drivers.

What a shame!

I will hold off buying AMD for now and monitor the situation.

Ditto, I've avoided them until now due to driver issues we have with the ones at work, but the performance was promising.
Never though did I anticipate there just wouldn't be drivers full stop.

update the **bleep** driver already

0 Likes