cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

skazze
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X3D Gaming problem with soundoutage's while using external soundcard

Hi guys. So i have a problem and i am very desperate.

So i produce music, as a hobby. But i'm also going to music school so i really need this to work somehow.

i have a Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 soundcard which worked fine on my old computer.
When i bought my new computer i opted for this prpcessor, and suddently i got this new wierd problem where sound just cuts off randomly, but visually i can still see music playing and equalizers moving. I have to restart my soundcard(powerbutton) for the sound to come back again for a few seconds or maybe minutes.

i was in contact with Focusrite both on mail and on the telephone. They tried a few fixes and asked me to install "Latencymon" and asked me to have it turned on while producing so it could record the issue. The anwer i got back from reproducing the issue and sending them the report was basically "not a problem on Focusrite, youll have to ask AMD support. So here i am.

/// my latest reply from Focusrite support:
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for getting back to me.

From the LatencyMon scans you sent, it does seem as though the DPC count is not too high, so you shouldn't be experiencing DPC latency-related issues.

AMD have recently acknowledged an issue affecting their AM4 socket designs (used for some Ryzen systems like the one you have) that can lead to periodic full-system short "stutters". See this article:
" https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410 "

A full system lock-up, even if only brief, will absolutely cause audio issues.

The AMD article above does suggest a workaround but that is something I cannot advise you on how to do, since I am not a PC tech. For help with this, I would recommend checking with AMD Support if this is something that applies to your system.

Let us know what happens, and we will be glad to offer any assistance we can.

----

The link provided really makes me feel like i have to be a computer guru to go ahead with. so what does a simpleton windows using producer do? 

Is this even the right forum to get professional help from AMD?

0 Likes
0 Replies