cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Kraven
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5600H GPU not being detected; Windows Code 43; AMD Error pa-300

These past two days, I have been trying to play Fortnite like I usually do on my 2021 ASUS TUF A15 Gaming Laptop (FA506QE). Every time I try to load in, I now get stuck in the connecting screen or load in very slowly. Once I am loaded in, my graphics are much slower than usual, the game reports about 4 fps and the shaders are blurred rather than the normal smooth.

When I check to see my GPUs running on my task manager, only one is present now, my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU is the only present as GPU 0. However, I know very well my Task Manager has previously reported GPU 1 as my AMD GPU, I can't recall what the full name is but I know my CPU is an AMD R5 - 5600 H. I am guessing my task manager is not detecting this GPU anymore but I do not know why.

When I look in Device Manager, the Display Adapters section has two entries:

- AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

- NVIDIA GeForce 3050 Ti Laptop GPU

When I click on the former, the device status for the AMD Graphics properties is labeled as "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Checking to see if my AMD Adrenaline Edition app opens gives me this error: "Windows Update may have automatically replaced your AMD Graphics driver. Hence, the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible installed AMD Graphics driver. For more information on how to resolve this, please go to: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300"

When I try to go to this link on my browser, the page is labeled as being under maintenance. I have not tried it on the waybackmachine if that is possible.

I have tried several resolutions under different forums posts including:

- Downloading the drivers and using DDU to clean previous driver content

- Preventing windows auto updates and downloading AMD drivers again

- Updating drivers and looking for older ones to revert to

- I do not have the option to rollback, as it is blocked for me, too

If anyone has any solutions to this issue, please let me know immediately! Thanks!

2 Replies
fatpanda
Journeyman III

Hi Kraven, 

I am having the exact same issue as you, I have a IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH6 with AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics I tried numerous options just like you  and i can not find a solution to this error. I go to device manager and I see that the display adapters AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics  and NVIDIA GeForce 3050 Ti Laptop GPU show a yellow mark and just like you it says  "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" 

If someone has found a solution to this please help. 

0 Likes
fatpanda
Journeyman III

Im usually getting this error whenever i try to project screen to another monitor when this happens the screen starts to crash and i need to disconnect the HDMI cable for the screen to go back to normal 

0 Likes