cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KyleHyder
Adept I

AMD RX 580 8GB Crashing/Failing/Faulty?

So I've had my PC for 3 weeks now. It has the Ryzen 53600, RX 580 8GB, 16GB Ram, and Asus B450M Motherboard. The first week I had it, it ran fine. But here recently it started crashing during games and having extreme texture issues. I've tried reinstalling the games, I'm running the Standard settings in Radeon Software, it's not been Overclocked, and I've tried clean installing previous drivers with DDU. I have a 1 year Warranty on it, should I just send it back to see if they fix it, or what should I do? Please, I'm running out of options. 
0 Likes
1 Solution
8 Replies
KyleHyder
Adept I

I meant it's the Ryzen 5 3600.

0 Likes

when you say texture issues do you mean artifacting?

Is the PC brand new?

is it by a heater, is it over heating, use Radeon software or MSI afterburner to check.

0 Likes

It’s nowhere near any vents, the air circulation is great, the temps never reach over 75 degree Celsius, and the PC is indeed brand new. Less than 4 weeks old now. But all the stats on it are fine, it claims to overheat but as I said above, the temps never reach above 75 degrees on any of the components. Currently in Geek Squad getting a diagnosis and will contact CyberPowerPC afterwards.

0 Likes

And when I said texture issues, I’m talking everything. Colored textures are a ripped black texture, I get random colors flash across the screen, characters heads will be completely off of their bodies, trees will be jagged and have a ripped look, it’s all jacked up. 

0 Likes

Well I’m waiting on Geek Squads response on the diagnosis, and then I’ll contact CyberPowerPC. Less than one month is too soon for stuff like this to start happening. I’ll keep you guys updated. 

0 Likes

So Geek Squad called me back, and they said that it passed all the Hardware tests that they done. I’m beyond confused as to why/how it passed. They said they would charge $145 for a Stress Test, but I contacted CyberPowerPC and they told me to just send in the GPU when I get it back. Do you think that’s the best thing to do? I’m leaning more towards CyberPowerPC because I’ve got a One Year Warranty. So I’m gonna use that the most I can. Any tips or any comments?

0 Likes
Buggerlugz
Journeyman III

You need to under-volt the 580, its just pulling too much power. It's a known thing.

0 Likes