cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hansyuli
Journeyman III

AMD ReLive temporary/cache location for instant replay

I'm used to use NVIDIA with its shadowplay and i want am about to buy a RX 6700XT. One of the feature that i use a lot and important to me is the Instant Replay where you can save last x seconds of your gameplay. Here I see that ReLive also have the same feature, but it's missing one of a very important configuration, which is the equivalent of Temporary File or Cache location path. 

What does this settings do? this let you put where the temporary data of your last x seconds of your gameplay saved. So far i try to find where the setting is in many screenshots, i can't find any. 

Why is this setting very important? I have a tons of RAM and i create RAMdisk, you can guess where it goes, so i put the temp folder to be in my ramdisk and the constant write of the video will not eat away my ssd and hard drive lifespan.

Here are some of the possible answer for where the AMD's ReLive put the cache/temp folder is:
- windows %TEMP%
- inside the path of the ReLive capture path
- memory
- somewhere in the registry/config file of ReLive, there is a path that we can change but isn't shown in the UI of ReLive

hansyuli_0-1670755583370.png

So, i would like to know which one is the answer?

0 Likes
1 Reply
jjjjj
Journeyman III

I was looking for this for the exact same reason, but I found that AMD did even better, by just giving you the option to cache to system memory natively, without having to use a RAM disk.

jjjjj_0-1701393038263.png

0 Likes