cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMD Radeon Software not launching

I've just created an account on this website just to thank you. I have tried many things in the past two days, from reinstalling drivers, going to regedit and changing values on the Gpu driver - nothing worked. But your recommendation of using the Cleanup Utitlty (which i didn't knew existed) gave me back my beloved AMD Radeon settings (and Alt + R combination). Thanks.

douglas_10
Journeyman III

Glad I have several previous setup drivers so maybe I can try this amd cleanup utility. 

0 Likes
agrastios
Adept I

If anyone wants a quick fix without reinstalling the drivers, I found one! Go into your AppData/Local/AMD/CN and delete your gmdb.blb, then restart the program or relog/restart your PC to have your Radeon Settings launching again.

johnbelley
Journeyman III

It might possible due to the version of AMD Radeon Settings and the version of the driver may be mismatched. You can fix it using Registry Editor.

0 Likes
KazuyaYuza
Journeyman III

@agrastios 
Thanks, that did the trick.

0 Likes
iBananaArtStyl
Journeyman III

"If anyone wants a quick fix without reinstalling the drivers, I found one! Go into your AppData/Local/AMD/CN and delete your gmdb.blb, then restart the program or relog/restart your PC to have your Radeon Settings launching again. "

THIS GUY'S TIP WORKS.
Delete the File and restart the computer. Radeon software will open.

Ribone14
Journeyman III

You are the goat bro it actually worked 

pokester
MVP

@agrastios wrote:

If anyone wants a quick fix without reinstalling the drivers, I found one! Go into your AppData/Local/AMD/CN and delete your gmdb.blb, then restart the program or relog/restart your PC to have your Radeon Settings launching again.

Please report your finding to AMD as this can help them know exactly what component has the conflict in Windows to write a fix.

All of you with this issue report it, and what fixed it if you did, Contact AMD here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

To the OP if this users fix, fixed your issue mark his fix as a solution. 

I will mention an AMD mod as this should really get passed to engineering and hopefully he can do that. @amdmatt 

agrastios
Adept I

Thank you for the kind words, everyone.

@pokesterCould the AMD Bug Report Tool be better to use?

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

You can submit it to both. The difference being that the bug report is a one way report. They don't converse with you. So I like the other as they can contact you with questions or if you have specific questions that need answers. By all means do which one fits your needs or both. 

0 Likes