Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gigael
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon software is problematic

Hello guys,

I am really upset because i lost 2 hours of farming of my life thanks to AMD Radeon Software : Adrenaline edition.

Let me explain my big dissapointment. I've built my PC 3 years ago, and i have 2 AMD products : CPU , Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU , Radeon RX 5700xt

I don't think i had problems with my CPU, i've read that it can warm up easily but it didn't exceed 70°C since 3 years so it last well.

But, i've had so many problems with the GPU, since I powered up my PC for the first time !
In the beginning, i had blue and black screens every time and i think because of the early release of the product, it's normal to have driver's issues, it needed to be calibrated. 

So, I was annoyed but i thought it would be alright in the future...

But now, 3 years have passed and i don't see an improvement. Today, I've got 2 games crashes on Sea of Thieves and Radeaon Software said: "AMD has detected a driver timeout".

For the first crash, I played with high graphism and my GPU hit 100°C on the Hotspot when I had seen from HW monitor. Thus, i was thinking that the game crashed due to an overheat. And to be sure that I won't have this issue again, I updated Radeon Software (with the application, not with DDU).

For the second time, I had played on low graphism and I was monitoring the temperature and it didn't exceed  70°C which is good in my opinion but I've got the same crash with same error message wrote above. 

Here we are now, for 3 years , I occasionally had black screen, Radeon software crashes. I desinstalled and reinstalled so many times with no improvement. I desactivate all the option on the driver because i think  it cause more issues when it's on. I can't benefit of the full potential of my GPU.

I don't know what to do, i'm very dissapointed by this product. I hope you guys have some advise or solutions for my issues, it's hard to understand sometimes why it crashed. Do i need to reinstall with DDU and to touch Radeon Software options ? I think when i have the occasion, i will buy an NVIDIA GPU. It will be more safe with the driver... And i won't buy AMD products anymore due to this very annoying experience.

Regards,

Gigaël 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Zmelord
Journeyman III

Have you tried installing only the driver?

0 Likes
Gigael
Journeyman III

Yes 

0 Likes

Have you tried changing the monitor cable? I had a problem with a black screen after installing the drivers, solved by replacing the cable

0 Likes

Nope, I have the same monitor cable since i bought this pc. It's DP cable.
But, I don't think it's the solution for me.

0 Likes

And what kind of motherboard do you have, did you not think that the problem could be in it?

0 Likes

I have an ASUStek B450 plus gaming. I have updated my BIOS. And today i'm trying to see if DOCP mode is not harmfull to my PC. Btw for me it's overclocking, so from 3 years i never activate it.

There is 2 games that i played where i have crashes. Monster Hunter World and Sea of Thieves.

At the moment, i'm searching for a solution about Sea of Thieves. It seems that my game crash when I enter into a storm (because it's a huge spot for a lot of graphics particle) and it's says AMD driver timeout. My temperature didn't exceed 75°C. I'm still playing on low graphics

For Monster Hunter World, my game crashed during my first hunt of my session when I activate DOCP mode. I'm playing on High and I'm going to see if my game will crash with DOCP mode activated. It's been 3 years, I don't know if the issue is from Capcom or my PC overheated. I will tell you what. 

I you need more informations ,tell me.  

0 Likes

Which Windows do you use?

0 Likes