cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pythonhd
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Setting Randomly Freezes and sometimes Wattman Restored to Default Setting

Whole UI unresponsive and it doesn't recover. I can however move the whole window around still, but nothing else. I have to end task and relaunch it. 

I having this problem over a month now. I don't know what to do I try DDU the GPU driver, reinstall windows, reinstall chipset driver, try different gpu driver it doesn't fix my problem. 

My Spec:

Ryzen 3 2200g not OC

MSI B450m Gaming Plus

8gb 2400 ram

Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb 

Corsair VS450

Acer Nitro QG221Q 21.5 monitor

Adrenalin 19.9.2 

Update MB bios and reinstall gpu driver fix my problem and for powerwattman reset disable windows fastboot.

5 Replies
mr_zen
Adept I

Hi 

What refresh rate does your monitor run?

On 75Hz it can couse problems like stuttering and sensors not reporting any information in wattman 

0 Likes

75Hz I experience stuttering but i think it cause by game setting so i turn down some setting and i dont experience sensor not reporting 

0 Likes
brunoalves20015
Adept III

Hello .. Good night!
About a month and a half ago I sold my GTX 1070 SC and bought a rx 5700 xt thicc ii, and since then my headache started. The card is very good yes, much better than my GTX 1070 SC, but at the same time it brings many problems, such as blue screen (BSODS), crashes and other annoying situations.

I have a 12 month warranty, and I am holding back from submitting for warranty and asking for my money back, as this is a hidden addiction or problem with drivers that cannot control 100% GPU.

Completely unstable, AMD does not speak and does not release a driver that solves the problem, each DRIVER a new problem.

Update the driver today after using DDU, and get a BSODS already.

I am very sad with AMD, we work day to day to buy a GPU here in Brazil and we go through these frustrating situations.

MY SETUP:

GIGABYTE AX370 Gaming REV 1.x - LAST VERSION BIOS
TEAM GROUP DDR4 3200MHZ
RYZEN 7 1700X + WATER COOLER CORSAIR H55
RX 5700 XT thicc ii (BAD)
CORSAIR TX750

MONITOR AOC GAMER HERO 144HZ

0 Likes
brunoalves20015
Adept III

I followed amd's instructions regarding ram memory frequency, and apparently stabilized and GPU usage is normal and performance is good.

I haven't had BSODS in this day after this change.

Below are the instructions from AMD:

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for contacting AMD Support.

We are sorry that you have encountered problems with your RX 5700XT. I will be happy to help.

What is the manufacturer of your board? Note that most problems that occur with this card have incorrect installation or configuration, or system incompatibility. For example, many users use the PCI (riser) extension cable, which in most cases is not currently used with PCI-e 4 and after removing the card works perfectly. Keep what you are connecting to the direct card on the motherboard without any extender cable.

Another problem that identifies is an incompatibility of the old 300 or 400 series motherboards or their configurations with this very new board. For example, many users reported troubleshooting or changing a PCI-e mode option in the Generation 3 Auto Motherboard BIOS. Suggest consulting the motherboard manual and testing this option and also contacting the motherboard manufacturer. to confirm if there is any additional configuration that should be done.

Also note that the maximum memory speed supported by the Ryzen 1700X processor is 2667MHz, so if using 3200Mhz memory, this is not processor compatible and may cause system instability. Using memory above 2667MHz is considered overclocking and not supported. Keep in mind that memory is set below the processor limit.

Also save if your RAM is included in the motherboard compatibility list (QVL). This list is usually found on any motherboard manual, mailbox, or website. Memories for a list that are not used and can cause various problems. Consult the motherboard manufacturer if in doubt.

And to ensure there are no problems with driver installation and your system is installed correctly, I recommend performing a clean install by following the steps below:

UPDATE SYSTEM
- Verify that the motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date. Consult the motherboard manual or manufacturer if in doubt.
- Check if your Windows has the latest updates installed.

START A CLEAN INSTALLATION
Follow the instructions on this page to use the uninstaller AMD to remove previous drivers and ensure a correct installation:
- www.amd.com/cleanuninstall

INSTALL DRIVER MANUALLY
Download and install the latest driver version. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

If it doesn't solve your problem, please send us the DxDiag report from your computer so we can investigate:

GET DXDIAG
Press the Windows key + R
Type "dxdiag" in the dialog box and press "Enter"
Click on "Save all information".
Save the file and send us attached.

Please also inform us the motherboard model as well as the BIOS version. Please also send us the RAM power supply model, including its part number.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Kyle

AMD Global Customer Service

brunoalves20015
Adept III

With my GTX 1070, you can normally use my 3200MHz RAM, already with RX5700XT, need to Disable or Ram Profile XMP, so it will be back to 2400Mhz, and you can use it with a limit of Frequency applicable to my Ryzen 7 1700x processor, ie I am leaving my Ram with 2666Mhz. With that, it's been 5 days that no longer get any KERNEL POWER or BSODS. Disabling the XMP profile in your motherboard BIOS as this may resolve the issue from time to time.

0 Likes