cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CoffeeEyes
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 6700XT turning monitor off, saying it's disabled when rebooted, tried everything

So, I got this whole computer second hand, but it all seems to be in good condition. Here are the specs:

Windows 11 Home

10.0.22631 Build 22631
x64

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

SMBIOS Version 3.3
Motherboard - ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
16GB RAM
Power Supply - 750w EVGA

If there's anything else you need, let me know. 

Anyways, this started a few months ago. I would be playing a game and then my monitor would go black. The PC would still be running, but it lost the connection to the monitor. I rebooted it with the power button, and when it turned back on, the GPU was disabled(Code 22). I would enable it and it would tell me that it enabled successfully but the device is still not working properly. Then it would give me error Code 31. I disable and enable again, and it says it's fine and working properly, no error codes. I play a game for a few minutes, and it repeats the process. Now, this happened a few months ago. It started working fine again all of a sudden (I started running the game windowed and decided that was how I fixed it.) It worked with no problems for a few months. I shut my computer down while I went on vacation, also unplugged the DP cable on accident, but plugged it in after I realized that wasn't what I wanted to unplug. When I get home, I turn it on and start playing, and it started doing the whole thing again. I have clean installed drivers with the AMD utility clean tool thing, I've uninstalled Adrenalin and am running Pro now, I went in the registry and disabled windows updating drivers, nothing is fixing it. 

Thank you for reading, I really hope someone can help me! If you need more info, just let me know! Have a good night!

0 Likes
0 Replies