cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ArieDJ
Adept I

AMD Radeon R5 M230 Series code 43

Hello I have a Lenovo laptop that for graphic drives is using AMD Radeon R5 M230 Series and AMD Radeon HD 8650G, however the AMD Radeon R5 M230 stopped work and is showing the following error code:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I am using Windows 10 and the pc has 6gb ram, I've attempted basic solutions from different forums but nothing has worked as of yet.

I'd appreciate any help in this matter, thank you!

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Seems like your Laptop is using a A10-5750M or A10-5757M AMD APU Processor with HD8650g Integrated Graphics.

I bet you downloaded the R5 M230 Driver (2022) from AMD Download page and installed it Correct?

Will that is your problem if that is what you did.

You see the AMD APU processor A10-HD8650g is incompatible with the latest R5-M230 Driver.

So you are forced to use the A10 AMD Driver from 2015 or 2016 which will be compatible with both your HD8650g and R5-M230 GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5750m-ra...

You need to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the older AMD Driver otherwise you will have conflicts or corrupt driver installation.

NOTE: if your Laptop's OEM AMD Driver is about the same year as AMD Legacy driver it is best to use your Laptop's OEM AMD Driver instead which is 100% compatible with your laptop.

View solution in original post

Not sure if you can run it externally or not in a Flashdrive unless you can install it on a flash drive.

If you can enter Windows Safe mode then you can install DDU and run it from there.

it is a free program that is utilized and recommended by Users in both AMD and Nvidia Forums to remove their respective drivers to prevent conflicts or incompatibilities when installing the new driver.

The program regularly updates but when ever you run it it will notify you of a newer version. It is small and I would keep it installed on your computer for future use.

You can download the program from here: Wagnardsoft DDU Download 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Seems like your Laptop is using a A10-5750M or A10-5757M AMD APU Processor with HD8650g Integrated Graphics.

I bet you downloaded the R5 M230 Driver (2022) from AMD Download page and installed it Correct?

Will that is your problem if that is what you did.

You see the AMD APU processor A10-HD8650g is incompatible with the latest R5-M230 Driver.

So you are forced to use the A10 AMD Driver from 2015 or 2016 which will be compatible with both your HD8650g and R5-M230 GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5750m-ra...

You need to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the older AMD Driver otherwise you will have conflicts or corrupt driver installation.

NOTE: if your Laptop's OEM AMD Driver is about the same year as AMD Legacy driver it is best to use your Laptop's OEM AMD Driver instead which is 100% compatible with your laptop.

Thanks for responding, quick question, where or how do I egt access to a DDU, is it something I'd have to install externally?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Not sure if you can run it externally or not in a Flashdrive unless you can install it on a flash drive.

If you can enter Windows Safe mode then you can install DDU and run it from there.

it is a free program that is utilized and recommended by Users in both AMD and Nvidia Forums to remove their respective drivers to prevent conflicts or incompatibilities when installing the new driver.

The program regularly updates but when ever you run it it will notify you of a newer version. It is small and I would keep it installed on your computer for future use.

You can download the program from here: Wagnardsoft DDU Download 

Thank you so much, it worked!