cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bluesoulslayer
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon adrenaline relive can't record in HDR for years now.

Why does AMD do this to us? 

All I want is HDR recording or even as a temporary solution is to record hdr content and correctly change it to sdr. But NO we've received no support for years.

IF THERE IS LIKE A BETA OR SOMETHING LET ME KNOW. I wouldn't mind running a beta while I still using my 7900xt. Otherwise once I swap to Nvidia in maybe in a few years, I won't come back to amd GPUs.

I needed a GPU to play 4k games in HDR.

7900xt seemed like a good option back then in 2023 for roughly $1200nzd and I wanted to give amd radeon a chance.

Pros:

• AMD Radeon better ui and no need to login
  • 20gb vram
  • Cheaper price for decent rasterize performance
  • Reliable, tried and true gpu 8pin connector

Cons:

• Ray tracing 
  • Driver issues with certain games and certain things (I remember my idle wattage was high for a long time before they fixed it)
  • No Nvidia HDR feature/settings
  • No HDR recording

But now it's looking like:

Pros:

• 20gb vram
  • Cheaper price for decent rasterize performance
  • Reliable, tried and true gpu 8pin connector

Cons:

• Nvidia has a new beta ui cooking and doesn't require login
  • Nvidia has better ray tracing
  • Nvidia has more features like HDR recording and HDR settings
  • Nvidia has better ray tracing performance
  • (I personally think) Nvidia has better drivers

I regretting my choice right now since my experience has only been bittersweet. I'm sick and tried of all the issues that amd has and I have to do some work around, which sucks. Why? Because imagine your in my shoes. Work hard to earn money and buy a expensive gpu to run stuff on my 4k hdr 160hz monitor. And it can't do a certain things that it should be able to do which is record HDR in 4k and I've been told the work around is to download a 3rd party app called obs to record in HDR and take a performance hit. I've tried setting it up and it's a hassle and I'll have to take a performance hit. So, does anyone know if amd will add HDR recording soon? Even though I bought it around June 2023 and yet the feature I want is still not available for years. It's one of the features I'd like them to add the most. I'd keep me happy if they would just add it Otherwise one day I'll probably switch to Nvidia and never look back because I gave amd gpu a chance because I swapped from gtx1070 to a 7900xt and if they won't acknowledge/address about HDR recording then bite me cause when the time is right I'm just gonna jump ship to Nvidia even if there's a premium price

Ps: I didn't care about ray tracing so amd looked like a reasonable choice at the time.

Pss: I hope amd is dropping high end GPUs and is heavily focussing on low to mid range gpu and also hope that means they'll be able to focus on improving the amd adrenaline software and features.

0 Likes
0 Replies