Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

steven350
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 6800xt no longer scaling to panel / several games unplayable

Hello,

I've recently started having a strange problem whereby game will not select / accept the correct resolution or accept to full-screen properly, or even leave windowed mode on my 4k60hz display.

Three examples are attached:

1) Elden Ring only appears in the top left corner in a tiny borderless 800x600 box which cannot be moved or changed and always defaults back to its old settings.

2) WWE will do the same thing, although after some finagling it will work at 4k resolution but only in a window with a bar at the top.

3) Zero Sievert doesn't work at all, it "fullscreens" into a  borderless box at the middle of the screen and the mouse is not on the correct position, making it unplayable.

Here are the steps I've taken:

Uninstalling / reinstalling drivers worked until reboot - in other words, uninstalling drivers, then reinstalling the newest AMD ones, then trying the games, everything worked flawlessly; until the next reboot, when the problem appeared again.

I've tried every possible combination of GPU scaling on or off, integer scaling scaling mode ("full panel" is what I'm looking to do but I suspect the error is deeper than that).

Uninstalling / reinstalling games.

I have a Valve Index installed as well. The card is a Gigabyte 6800xt on an AMD system, the display is a 4k TV.

111.png333.png2023-02-20 12_04_54-AMD Software_ Adrenalin Edition.png

0 Likes
0 Replies