cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

marceldekker
Adept II

AMD Radeon 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 Overclock Settings Restores to Default After Reboot

The AMD Radeon 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 Overclock settings Restores to Default After a Reboot. I have a RX 7600 from Gigabyte.

I have already turn off Windows fast  boot setting because there was also a problem with it related to overclocking settings for the GPU for what i remember. Can be on my system but I am guessing that more people are bothered by this because I have not changed anything crazy compared to version 23.9.1.

First AMD put the wrong driver file that you could download (23.9.2) for the RX 7000 series and now this, goes well with AMD and that is still softly expressed.

Let's say we hope for improvement in the future.

2 Replies
razza187
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue too on both 23.9.2 and 23.9.3. Running a 6750 XT.

Upon boot up and reboot I get a "Default performance tuning settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" notification. Of course there has been no unexpected system failures. Regardless of tuning control settings/presets I use it gets reset upon booting/rebooting. Even not touching the settings, ie. leaving it on default, gets the same notification.

Also got the browser freezing and lock-ups like other reported about here:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/browser-freezing-lock-ups-and-black-screens-when-brows...

Strangely the freezing and lock-ups have disappeared for the last three days *touch wood*. Still getting the "Default performance tuning settings have been restored" notification, though.

EDIT: You won't believe it but I spoke too soon. Alt+tabbed and got some freezing.

0 Likes
x0c0lait
Adept II

Same error here, I have gone back to some drivers that did not give it and now they do it too, the only change is that windows 11 was updated to the new file explorer, it is possible that the error is related to this, AMD please fix this.

0 Likes