This page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-amdgpu-unified-linux-20-45
To get support for our latest graphics cards (Radeon RX 6x00 series), here are the components that you will need: Kernel 5.10 or newer Mesa 20.2 (or optionally, Oibaf mesa 21.0 from here: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers) llvm 11.0 or newer
Well I updated my kernel Linux 5.10.12-051012-generic x86_64 GNU/Linux
I tried to install LLVM by
- adding this APT to the software update control panel deb http://apt.llvm.org/focal/ llvm-toolchain-focal-11 main
- adding the gpg key sudo wget -O - https://apt.llvm.org/llvm-snapshot.gpg.key|sudo apt-key add -
- updating the cache sudo apt-get update
- installed clang, etc with sudo apt-get install clang-11 clang-tools-11 clang-11-doc libclang-common-11-dev libclang-11-dev libclang1-11 clang-format-11 python-clang-11 clangd-11 lldb-11 lld-11
- got this error E: Unable to locate package python-clang-11
- checked my version of clang clang --version clang version 10.0.0-4ubuntu1 Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu Thread model: posix InstalledDir: /usr/bin
- checked my version of LLVM llvm-config --version 10.0.0
I dont know why I am at version 10 for clang and LLVM? I havent got a clue how to install MESA.
So I just downloaded the drivers and did this in a terminal:
during the install I saw this:
Building initial module for 5.10.12-051012-generic
ERROR (dkms apport): kernel package linux-headers-5.10.12-051012-generic is not
so I had to uninstall the drivers and then do this:
sudo ./amdgpu-install --no-dkms
Instead of 810 MB install there was 566 MB . What is dkms and do I need it?
Anyway, it did not work.