cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

999Przemek
Adept I

AMD Processor - windows overwritten driver problem

So yesterday I updated my laptop with windows update.

Since then I couldn't run AMD Adrenalin beacue of infamous "win update may have replaced your AMD driver".

First I tried to rollback to before the update, but it didn't work.

Then i looked up this https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 link and followed. Done 1st step, but can't do the 2nd. When trying to install the AMD Drivers there's an error 182 - AMD soft installator found AMD card that is not supported.

Some other info: in my device manager there was AMD card in Graphics card section (but it said it was disconnected), but when i uninstalled AMD adrenalin - it was gone either. It's not even on the list as a graphic controller or card.

What to do now? I want my desktop to be run by AMD, not dedicated graphics card... and I want AMD Adrenalin back too...

0 Likes
1 Solution
999Przemek
Adept I

Ok, it was BIOS (update I guess) which changed my graphics to be dedicated, not dynamic. I switched to dynamic and it's all working again XD

View solution in original post

2 Replies
999Przemek
Adept I

Ok, it was BIOS (update I guess) which changed my graphics to be dedicated, not dynamic. I switched to dynamic and it's all working again XD

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Windows will replace your driver unless you disable WU driver updates using the group policy editor.  There are many threads on this already so using the search will allow you to find the results on how to do it if you don't already know how.

0 Likes