Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dedeamd
Adept II

amd phenom ii x4 820 2.8 ghz driver for windows10

Hi, 

I have a motherboard AMD phenom ii x4 820 2.8 ghz I have a driver for windows 7 , I am looking for driver windows 10.

Because my driver windows 7 is not working there is some bugs in it

9 Replies
mvmiller12
Adept II

A driver for what, exactly? I refurbish systems all the time, including older AMD systems, and Windows 10 does not require any chipset drivers for the older AMD chipsets. And there is no driver for the CPU itself - Windows 10 correctly supports older architecture AMD multi-core CPUs out of the box.

dedeamd
Adept II

Hello,

I assign a disk in the bios to boot with and i save my configuration and after I rebbot I watch the prameters of the boot sequence Its not saved. Also I set the sata mode to ACHI and its not working. I go to tech support of microsoft and they tell me I need to flash my Bios.

I pick from Gateway (the manufacturer of my pc) the driver of my motherboard it was for windows 7 My pc is now with windows 10 I am wondering if I flash my BIOS with the driver for windows 7 does it i will work ?

0 Likes

It sounds like you did an in-place upgrade to Windows 10. You may need to do a fresh install to get this working properly.

0 Likes
dedeamd
Adept II

Before redoing a new installation , Can I try to flash my bios with the driver i have ? Also can I check with you if I have the right files?

0 Likes
dedeamd
Adept II

Could you verify if I got the right driver

0 Likes

That is a storage driver, and you should not need it. BIOS is an entirely different thing, whilst it should not be * required * either, it is often helpful to have the latest BIOS release installed to your motherboard when you are  moving to the latest Windows release. You get BIOS files from mainboard or system manufacturers (i.e. If you built the computer and got a mainboard from Asus, you'd get updated BIOS for that board from Asus. If you bought the computer from Dell or HP, you'd get a BIOS update from Dell or HP.)

0 Likes
dedeamd
Adept II

Hello,

I dont understand what you suggest I do , my manufacture of my PC is GATEWAY , I taught it was the driver for my BIOS  I have and I give you a copy.

Did you  supply AMD the latest driver for my pc ? If its not the right driver Where I can get it? And whats the description I have to ask?

0 Likes

If your computer will work with Windows 10, then the drivers your computer will need will like already be in the driver repository files that come with Windows 10. You will not need to download additional drivers to support your CPU or Motherboard. Either Windows 10 will support it or not. If you meet the minimums specs for Windows 10 it should.

I personally have Windows 10 running fine on 3 different Phenom II systems. Ranging from AM2 to AM3+ and Windows 10 installs all you need.

This is all the information MS publishes for compatibility:

How to Check Windows 10 Computer System Specs & Requirements - Microsoft 

0 Likes

socket am3 chipset drivers are on the windows dvd already