cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

farmeunit
Adept II

AMD Overlay

I just finished a new build with a 7700X and a Radeon 6900XT. Everything is installed and running, but I don't see the option to turn on the overlay in the settings. The keys I was using don't work, but I also don't see them in hotkeys. Am I missing something? I had this same 6900XT in a build with my 5600X that I just swapped out and the overlay worked fine. Also, and this isn't a big deal, but the Tuning for the CPU isn't showing in the Adrenaline software. Maybe that's because they're fairly new. I remember reading that Ryzen Master wasn't working a few weeks ago in Windows 11, but I installed it and it's fine.
0 Likes
1 Solution
farmeunit
Adept II

Edit:  Found the setting to enable in Settings.  Didn't remember needing to do that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
farmeunit
Adept II

Edit:  Found the setting to enable in Settings.  Didn't remember needing to do that.

0 Likes

Still not showing CPU information in overlay, just to be clear.

0 Likes

It's an annoying bug that happens to many people for no apparent reason, or changes to the system. They just suddenly disappear. Some have said that it happens after they have updated the software. I have googled about the issue quite a lot but still haven't found enough information. For me it has happened several times and the only way to restore CPU readings to the overlay is to restore the system to the previous point. If even reinstalling the software doesn't fix it, something must happen somewhere else in the system, but where? I just made a backup of the registers and the next time the bug happens, I will restore the registers to see if there are any unexpected changes and fix the problem. It would finally be nice to know what causes this bug.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes

Thanks for the information.  There really is no previous point for system.  This is a fresh install.  So I would have to reformat again and just hope I did something in the right order.  I'll try DDU, as least.  Just sucks because I just got everything back up and going.