Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PawAll3Deller
Adept II

AMD + NVIDIA connection on PC

Hello community!

My Pro W5500 has been lying around for a long time, it is impossible to sell such a video card, and recapture at least half of the costs.

So I decided to test a similar AMD+NVIDIA method in a PC with an ASRock B550 Pro4, and of course I ran into a problem.
Which should be strange in 2024, when AI and powerful maps are used everywhere.

The plan was as follows:
- AMD - used for the main operation of the system, Windows, OBS, browsers, 3 screens +1 home theater TV, output to monitors.
- NVIDIA - for work, 3D, Stable Diffusion, games and other powerful tasks.

Strange, but the AMD driver was installed without problems, connecting monitors to the AMD ports went perfectly, both video cards are visible in the system.
But! It is not possible to configure a discrete and main video card...NVIDIA doesn't have the "Preferred GPU" option, while AMD doesn't have the "Use GPU for monitor output"option.

There is a built-in solution in Windows 11, display / graphics / select an application and set the preferred GPU, but no, applications run only with the video card to which the monitors are connected.

I came up with another idea, and it seems to have worked, but not tested:
- I connected the main (Game) monitor to NVIDIA, auxiliary monitors to AMD.
This option seems to work on the NVIDIA processor, but there are friezes, and yet it is a "crutch", and not a software solution.

My B550 does not allow you to adjust the GPUs with this bios, which is also strange, because this is a segment of PRO motherboards. It has two slots, the main one works with x16, the second one is reduced to x8, x4.

Questions:
- Are there solutions for such ligaments, but without the use of crutches and sedatives?

- Will AMD develop a similar synchronization/linking system ? After all, the project for interpreting the NVIDIA code is not being developed, why not take control of this problem, it is much easier.

- What other solutions can there be?

Yet such a solution would be a big step towards user and problem solving flexibility.

0 Likes
0 Replies