cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bsmitz
Journeyman III

AMD Link client resolution set to 1080p on 4k tv

Hello I just received my rx 7900 xt and wanted to try out Amd Link with my Sony XR-65X94J (Google TV) problems started when trying to download the AMD Link client app, the only result I got was the "AMD Link for 7000s series" which when opened promoted me to download an updated version of the app which on the store front was accompanied by a message informing me that it is not compatible with my device.

I assume there is a  slight but imo irrelevant difference in Android TV and Google TV apps? 

I resorted to sideloading the AMD Link client app from APK Mirror which seems to work fine, although It seems limited to a resolution of 1080p when I do "Optimize Stream" I assume it's because of the specific APK I downloaded from APK mirror is limited to 1080p? Bit rate is at 60Mbps btw. 

Any advice on how to get it to work with at least 1440p? Would it be possible to make the app available on the Google TV "Play Store" there is not really a Play Store just a place to search for apps which does not show the correct AMD Link client app.

All drivers and software on pc are up to date.

BTW on post I got a message saying "post flooding detected (user tried to post more than 2 messages within 600 seconds)" but my post keeps failing due to incorrect labels.. 

0 Replies