cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mornecameron
Journeyman III

AMD LATEST Drivers are BAD! Crashing Windows after installation of the latest drivers

So I had 2 computers in our office using AMD RX580 Cards.

First machine I installed the latest AMD pro drivers from the website yesterday. The installation requested a reboot and then it got stuck in a bootloop. I attempted to repair the OS nothing worked. I then tried deleting the AMD folder on C:\amd and still didnt want to boot. Keeps getting to the windows loading screen then it goes off and tries to boot again. I thought perhaps its the Pro drivers I downloaded the normal Version of the drivers and boom the same issue. I cannot get it to boot NOT EVEN in SAFE MODE!

So this leads me to believe that AMDs installation changed something in the windows files which windows attempts to load at boot and now we have a machine not functioning. Luckily I have a copy of the older drivers and formated the machine installed the old version from June and it worked fine!

Then this morning on a completely different machine again user installs the latest drivers and again it requests a reboot after rebooting the machine fails to boot! Same exact issue same remedy steps and nothing! AMD's latest drivers will KILL your machine! DO not use it until they fix the issue

Computer Specifications:

Core i7 6700

32GB DDR4 Ram

1TB M.2 NVME

RX 580 OC 8GB

This is a clear warning to all be careful be very careful!

0 Likes
6 Replies

What do you mean by " AMD Pro" drivers? There are Radeon Pro drivers...but not for your card.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

0 Likes

I mean this

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/prographics/amd-software-pro-edition-22.q4-win10-win11-nov15.exe

But it applies to both pro and normal gaming version of the driver both of them causes it. the Pro version is used by professionals like architects and designers. Its designed to work better with Applications like Revit and Autocad

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

22.11.1 is the latest driver and I had to clean install them in order to get things working correctly.

What do you mean by clean install?

Because my Machine was setup and working with the old version of the driver from June month.

Then install the latest release from 2 days ago and it crashed my machine

0 Likes

I had to use the AMD standalone uninstaller (not to be confused with uninstall in programs and features) to remove it completely in safe mode then came back and reinstalled it after which it works correctly.

AMD needs to get with the times as NVIDIA offers this right from the driver installer.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

0 Likes
schldskjoirz
Adept III

After installing 22.11.1 I got 2 x white screen - reboot until Windows and other softwares were correctly loaded. So far things seem working correctly.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• Minisforum um790 Pro • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes