cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AfterDark
Adept I

AMD later drivers have issues with OpenGL for fullscreen exclusive OpenGL only like osu!

When playing osu!, alt+tab outside and back to the game will make some black screen flickering, https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/113070o/guide_fix_osu_on_amd_without_changing_drivers/ this post could resolve the problem, but it's really annoying to redo the process over and over again after updating to the newer driver. My driver is up to date [23.7.1]. Every AMD driver version after 22.5.2 have that flickering issue.

I've seen a similar post, but I cannot reply to that post nor it has been resolved, and since that post can solve the problem temporarily. Hopefully this can be reviewed as soon as possible. The problem occurs every Alt+Tab back in game, regardless of the speed.

1 Solution

Thanks for the information, @gx .

Hi @Gaming_Laptop , @AfterDark ,

Could you please try the new version of osu! (stable 20231121.5) with the latest driver and share your observation?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
Sequ
Journeyman III

Yeah, I'm also stuck at 22.5.1 just to play osu! stably as this game is precious to me and don't wanna experience something head-scratching. I really hope they make a fix for it, because I'm really itching to get hold of the latest driver as it seems to be performing better. OPENGL SHOULD BE FIX PLEASE!

Yea, I feel the same, the input lag is also less in the later version. The other thread about this that the staff replied is still at a standstill, haven't yet been resolved. We can just wait to see if any staff member notices this and hope it can be patched asap!

0 Likes

Hi @AfterDark ,

It seems this post is related to the issue reported here: AMD drivers have had broken OpenGL exclusive fullscreen for almost 6 months now

If so, then I have already notified the OpenGL team about the observation mentioned here.

Also, I have whitelisted you for the AMD developers community. So, now you should be able to post your reply. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello dipak,

Just FYI that this is also being tracked on Github, I was gonna post on the linked thread but I don't have access
https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/1092

0 Likes

Hi @0x84f ,

Thanks for the information. I have whitelisted you for the AMD Developers community.

Note, I have informed the OpenGL team about this thread and also mentioned it in the linked thread.

Thanks.

Sequ
Journeyman III

Hello and Good Day, Dipak!
Please let us know when there's a fix that's been done so that, we can quickly test and try with the game osu! OGL issues

0 Likes
SkyMegatrends
Journeyman III

I also had this issue with my RX570 driver. The driver is 31.0.21023.2010 (Adrenalin 23.7.2), and the screen is flickering so hard when I select mods or open the chat menu (F9). I hope the AMD OpenGL team will fix this problem ASAP.

Gaming_Laptop
Journeyman III

same issues here on my Radeon 780M. no fix yet?

0 Likes

Hi @Gaming_Laptop ,

Could you please share the driver information?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi, I actually tried updating the driver to 23.11.1 but it goes on a black screen midway through the install and never recovers until I put the laptop to sleep and wake it The same thing occurs when I boot it up from a shutdown or restart it. It opens on a black screen and requires me to put the laptop to sleep and wake it up. I had to roll back to 23.10.2. One other user had this exact same issue. We both have a Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8. 

gx
Journeyman III

I'm using RX470 and latest Adrenalin Edition driver, version 23.11.1
Fullscreen bug still appears. This bug has been appearing for a huge amount of time, is there really nothing you can do about it?

0 Likes

Thanks for the information. I have informed the OpenGL team about the above observations. I will let you know once I get any feedback from them.

Thanks.

0 Likes
gx
Journeyman III

The bug has been fixed in the new version of osu! (stable 20231121.5) I checked on the latest driver version (23.11.1). There is no alt tab bug.

0 Likes

Thanks for the information, @gx .

Hi @Gaming_Laptop , @AfterDark ,

Could you please try the new version of osu! (stable 20231121.5) with the latest driver and share your observation?

Thanks.

0 Likes