cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Danico
Journeyman III

AMD HD 7000 SERIES NOT INSTALLING ERROR 182

Hey, I just Bought this Gaming computer recently with the below specifications. Any time I visit AMD.COM to get the latest driver updates, I am unable to install them. After downloading and installing the auto-detect software (AMD RADEON SOFTWARE INSTALLER) I get error 182 when I search manually I'm still not able to install the drivers.

I am a video editor, I work mostly with Davinci resolve, Premier pro, and aftereffects and I would like to make my work more fast and efficient. Can someone please help, cause am stuck, my adobe media encoder and Davinci resolve cant detect the graphics card am using neither can I enjoy playing games.

Regards,

Webbo

manual.jpg

ERROR 182.jpgSOFTWARE) from the driver's dialog box  I get error 182. 

display.jpgHeyHspecs.jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies

You might be installing the incorrect AMD Driver.

Download and run GPU-Z  to see which exact GPU Card you have installed.

The HD Series are legacy GPU cards and not supported with AMD Driver updates. But I see that you have two choices of last AMD Driver

1- Choice is AMD Driver from 06/21/2021 for newer HD 7000 series GPU cards.

2- Choice of 2 AMD Drivers from 2015 and 2016 for older HD 7000 Series GPU Cards.

So you need to know the exact HD 7000 Series GPU card you have installed by running GPU-Z.

NOTE: Once you have the exact GPU Card Make & Model and download the correct driver you can continue troubleshooting if it still doesn't install successfully.

Also have you checked Premier Pro and After Effects programs to see if your GPU Card is compatible to run those programs. Some requires a certain version of APIs to run correctly which are enabled in newer GPU cards. Like OpenGL or OpenCL as an example.

Please upload a GPU-Z image will be helpful.

0 Likes

Hi. Thank you very much for the feedback. I was able to Download and run GPU-Z and confirmed that I am using AMD HD 7470 series. I was able to download the Amd Radeon Software and AMD catalyst software which worked perfectly. The Premier Pro and After Effects programs and DaVinci resolve are requesting for open cl which is not available in my current Graphics driver.is There a solution to this given earlier versions of the software had open cl? gpu z.gif 

reg.jpg

0 Likes

What OS are you running and is it up to date?

What processor do you have?

On GPU-Z use the drop down to show the internal graphics and it's supported modes:

Screenshot_3.png

Have you tried running the Adobe program with the internal graphics instead of the high performance graphics?

Screenshot_6.png

I missed the GPU-Z part where it shows that you are using Windows 11. That is why you are having problems, as I mentioned in another thread that you opened recently, there are no compatible Windows 11 drivers for your legacy GPU card.

You must revert back to Windows 10 for the Windows 10 AMD drivers to work correctly.

EDIT: If you look at @kingfish GPU-Z it shows he is using Windows 10 x64 while yours is showing to be Windows  11 x64:
Screenshot 2021-11-16 164614.png