cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FrAnTic
Journeyman III

amd graphics driver and armoury crate issuse

Actually I bought my ASUS STRIX G15 AMD EDITION last year and it had a great performance but last month something happened with armoury crate and it shows 0 percent cpu usage with extreme power saving after reinstalling the armoury crate several times it shows the same thing and I tried resetting the pc as well but it didnt work and one more issue is the graphics driver says that  the version of amd software that you have installed is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver. can some please help me fix the issue any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
KalaxianPickle
Journeyman III

Okay so Armoury crate is something that you don't need for your AMD computer to work properly. The only benefit to armoury crate is the original dashboard for showing system performance. In otherwards you don't need this program for your computer at all. This program is also known to interact with other settings for fans, gpus and cpus that it doesnt need to. I would just uninstall this program completely and make sure you have MYASUS APP installed. MYASUS APP will have everything you need for your ASUS motherboard and what to install to make sure it is running properly. Also make sure you have AMD adrenaline installed for CPU AND GPU settings also. Whenever you need to reset your AMD GPU, download the AMD Adrenaline installation app from the AMD website. Then open this application and do a full install or reset which will install the gpu and cpu drivers after removing the previous drivers you had installed. This will most likely fix any CPU or GPU problems that you might be having. Be sure to restart after doing all these things to just incase the computer might need to.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

I'm not super experienced with the Armoury Crate on RoG laptops but one thing I know, its really tied down to core functions, you would lose a lot of features if you uninstall it.

Keep calm.

AC can be a very buggy app sometimes but its getting better. Report the issue on RoG community forums, every bug I reported got fixed, not right away because it can take time for them to tackle the problem, normally, your are not the only one having it. 

There is also an uninstaller tool, that removes everything before a fresh install. Try it.

I use AC on my computer, every part I have is RoG, from board, storage, keyboard, DAC, gpu, monitor and so on. Also use it on my RoG phone. I know the "beast" lol.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes