cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Misterer
Journeyman III

AMD GPIO Driver (for Promontory) installation reported as failed

After installing the latest AMD chipset drivers (6.01.25.342), the installer reports installation as successful. However, while checking the installation summary, I noticed the following:

Name : AMD GPIO Driver (for Promontory)
Version : 3.0.0.0
Install : Fail

Checking the installation log it looks like the driver in question was actually installed successfully. I can see GPIO Controller devices in Device Manager with correct driver versions. No problems with the system noticed.

So why the fail then? Anyone knows more about the issue and how to fix it? Is it even an issue or just a bug of the installer itself?

The system is MSI X670E Godlike + 7800X3D. Clean Win 11 23H2 install, chipset driver installer was run without internet connection, so no drivers had been updated from windows update at that point.

4 Replies
AliusCairo
Journeyman III

Same issue here, 7800x3d, ASROCK b650 steel legend wifi, Windows Version 23H2

sanji
Journeyman III

i have the same issue, 7600X with ASROCK x670E steel legend on Windows Version 23H2... any solutions? 

0 Likes
RitmikBlader
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. A completely clean installation was made, the first communication was the graphics card and chipset drivers, but it gave an AMD GPIO Driver installation fail.

0 Likes

This happens but they are installed in the device manager so don't worry