Drivers & Software

mlimck
Journeyman III

AMD DRIVERS NOT WORKING FOR ASUS X550DP LAPTOP

I am using a ASUS X550DP laptop with the following configurations - 

AMD CPU A10-5750M

Switchable Graphics RADEON HD 8600M & RADEON HD 8650M

Running Windows 10 Pro version 21H1

I had downloaded the latest drivers for Graphics for RADEON HD 8670M from AMD support and tried to install but yellow boxes keep appearing on the Device Manager.

I have downloaded the following drivers:

1) Radeon Software Revision Adrenalin 21.5.2 Optional File Size 461 MB  Release Date 5/17/2021

2) Radeon Software Revision Adrenalin 21.4.1 Recommended (WHQL) File Size 460 MB  Release Date 4/20/2021

I install the drivers on 2 separate clean Win 10 installations but still have the same results.

There are also yellow symbols on a number of the Devices as well, like IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and Storage Controllers as well

Kindly advise how to resolved this.

Device Manager.pngDevice Manager ALL.pngRadeon App.pngCPU.png

0 Likes
8 Replies

You do not update the graphics card. You update the APU...that updates integrated and discrete graphics. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5750m-ra...

0 Likes

I updated the APU with the link provided using another clean installed Win 10 but still having the same issue.

Then I have tried updating the APU and then update the graphics cards as well but the problems is just the same. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes

did you make changes in BIOS?

ask for Windows optional updates to find your missing drivers.

if you reinstall drivers manually, do it with administrator rights

0 Likes

Hi, I have done reinstall all drivers from ASUS's Support but there is no AMD APU nor AMD Graphics Drivers could be downloadable from there.

Also, updated from Windows Optional also can't sloved the issue.

I suspect the chipset drivers are not install for Win 10 Latest version and AMD need to work out this.

If anyone have a solution, do feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes

Hi, you have any fix? or gave up on this laptop? I have the same model as well and the issue.

Hi there, I got the same problem  for years with my Asus X550 Switchable Graphics RADEON HD 8550G  & RADEON HD 8650M series, but my drivers is not marked by yellow symbols (!) Only solutions I find work out is :

non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27.exe, and

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.zip.

Problem is because AMD  stop support this products.

Drivers cant be signed and pop-ups like "Your graphics is outdated" and " No AMD graphics is installed" is normally. But my system is working with those drivers, even some games like Wolfenstein 2009...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-15-7-1

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-non-gcn-16-2-1-beta

0 Likes
JeankaDuarte
Journeyman III

Lo intente con drivers de Windows 8.1 desde la página de Asus, con Catalyst desde AMD, Radeon de AMD y ninguna opción me funciona, en estos momentos estoy probando con drivers de Windows 8 y al parecer no funcionan tampoco

0 Likes